Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Widget Search not showing map

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    chris23
    Participant

I have a widget on the Home Page of my site at http://www.westfeeds.com/newsite/ (Password: 1234) and when I search using the LOCATE A DEALER NEAR YOU section (SLP widget), it goes to the correct page and searches for the locations, but does not show the map. On the backend of SLP, I have Map Display set to “Hide Until Search”.

What am I missing?

Cici
    Keymaster

Did you update Experience to the latest version? When I went to that site I did see a map but no locations found when I performed a search for 29464. You do not have a radius drop down very high and I do not know where your dealers are mostly located.   So I then went to your old site and saw dealers in Alvarado Texas, when I searched for that address by city name a lot of dealers and the map showed up.  See attached screenshot. So I am not sure what you are describing as not working.

chris23
    Participant

Start on the home page. About halfway down is the search widget. Enter a zip code there. It will take you to the locations page and show the results, but not the map.

Cici
    Keymaster

Try debugging to see if another Plugin or theme update is interfering with the map functionality.

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/q-i-see-a-gray-map-or-blank-map-and-search-does-not-work/

chris23
    Participant

So i deactivated every plugin except SLP and SLP Experience and switched back to the 2017 theme. I added the widget to the footer of the site. The map still doesn’t show up when searching from the widget to the locations page; only the results do. There don’t seem to be any 404s with scripts or anything on the site.

What else can I try?

Cici
    Keymaster

I do not understand, when I went to the page you referenced and searched Houston, Texas, using drop down menu as 100 miles , I saw the dealers and the map.

I noted you were using a child theme.  I noted you had disable initial directory on and hide map until search.  Is  your radius under results settings set high enough?  I do not have any other suggestions.

I cannot troubleshoot or recreate your issue. If you need the developer to assist you there is a paid support option.

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S.. I notice on your screenshot you provided that the directions column are cut off.  But when I just checked again and used the password and searched by zip with using 60 miles the map appeared without a problem Assume you fixed it?

chris23
    Participant

I’m reaching out to the developer and will post the solution here for others to find… Thanks for your help Cici.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

Lance sent you links to download the pre-release of EXP 4.8.4 (not to be used on live production site)  He could not send to you as attachments, we tried a few times but delivery got bounced back due to size or mail server proxy not allowing attachments on your  end.

Thanks for your patience, sorry for the delay. A lot going on including hurricanes. 🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.