Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Trouble with map limiting to tag

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Bill
    Participant

I am having trouble getting a page with the locations listing and map from working properly. Attached is my plugins environment screenshot.

The code I am using is [SLPLUS only_with_tag=”socal”] and I have one loacation tagged with “socal”. Tag Input Option is also turned on in map settings.

I have been following the directions on this page, but I can’t get the map to limit down at all.

https://wp.storelocatorplus.com/documentation/store-locator-plus/getting-started/shortcodes/#only_with_tag

It will only show all locations, not a limited set. Other settings tested include limiting by city and by category. I tried using hide_map,to make sure attributes were working, and that had the intended effect.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Check your Enhanced Results ranked settings, if you have anything like Rank first then closest it will take precedence, also check your settings under the radius for results (show at start up or after search)

Bill
    Participant

Order Results By in Enhanced Results is Closest..Furthest.

At Startup, number to show initially is 50 and radius to searchinitially defaults itself to 10,000. After search, Max Search Results is 50.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

I may have misunderstood your question: Is you issue on the individual (Store) Pages that are created or the  initial start on map? Are you using Pages shortcodes: i.e. storepage field=  ” ”  as shown in the documentation for Pages  Pages template?.

What goal are you trying to accomplish?

For additional info on setting up the Pages, there are a couple of  tutorial video

Bill
    Participant

We have one locations page that displays a map as well as the list of locations. What we are trying to do is setup a second locations page specifically for a subset of stores, those in Southern California. For testing, I tagged one of the locations with the tag “socal”. Eventually, all socal locations will have that tag and appear on the Southern California page.

Using the SLPLUS shortcode with the only_with_tag attribute, I am attempting to get the map and list of locations on the Southern California page to display only that subset of stores. Instead, it is displaying all stores, just like the normal locations page.

Here is the code I am using to call the locations for the Southern California page:

[SLPLUS only_with_tag=”socal”]

What I expect it to look like right now is a map with one marker, and one location listed below, which is the only location I have yet tagged with “socal”.

Does this make more sense?

Cici
    Keymaster

The question is: , are you using the Add on called Pages and trying to use SLPUS only with shortcode as well ?

You should be able to use shortcodes on  store  pages  BUT…Just don’t try to put the normal [slplus] on there… it will fight with itself.  If you turn off Pages you can use the shortcode  SLPUS only with category…I am not sure you understand how pages is intended to work. You should watch the Introduction to Store Pages   and How to Set up Pages to understand how it works with WP  and how it works dynamically.

The developer suggests:

There are a hundred ways to get lists like that in WordPress but it is 100% reliant on your theme as to how that works.Create a new page (normal page) with [slplus only_with_category=“socal”] and use the no map theme or hide the map   
    just a brand new locator page with [slplus] on there… if you use “pages replace website” setting then the website link will go right to their detailed page.
    Bill
    Participant

Thanks, that makes a lot more sense. Sorry, this is a site I inherited, so much of this is a new to me.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Bill,
    No problem,
    I figured you inherited it. Pages is not the easiest to understand of all the add-ons, it is more complex. I still have questions that I need to vet to the developer. You might want to view some of the tutorial videos. I seem to comprehend better when watching them, (most of the time)

There are a few specific to Pages (Introduction to Pages, How to Set up Pages, etc ) on the SLP YouTube Channel..
    Also in the recent News Blog, the video explaining the last update to Pages.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Trouble with map limiting to tag’ is closed to new replies.