Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Tried switching plugin style to eliminate map and locations no longer pulling

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Meg
    Participant

Page URL: http://cooltreatsfordogs.com/find-us/

WP Version: 4.5.2

Screenshots of all plugins attached.

I wanted to get rid of the map because we have a lot of people who access the locations via mobile browser and have a hard time finding store locations (listed under the map), but when I tried to change the style, SLP stopped working. My theme is BODEGA. I put the plugin back to what ‘was’ working, which was Twenty Sixteen Rev 4.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.  As far as your theme and breaking SLP, if you want to use that theme, contact the them author and ask them if they are using Jquery 1.12 as dictated by WP 4.5. There are a lot of plugins and themes that were written poorly and forcing a version of jquery or not using the WP best practices.  See the BLOG bout this and also the WP master list that sites these issues.

As far as hiding the map. SLP  has  a hide the map function built into the Experience Add-on . It was part of Enhanced Map (legacy) as well.

Meg
    Participant

Hi! Just so you know, I went and updated the theme (duh!) and now it works on desktop. Not working on mobile browser which I’m trying to figure out. Any tips for that issue?

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Meg,

Is your theme responsive ?  Or do you mean  that it wont appear when using a specific browser or operating system … like iOS. Some poep,e have been reporting issues with Chrome. I have seen a lot of info under the Google Developers forum about the new Chrome upgrade 50 which is going to block or render some sites to not work properly depending on whether it is http or https. Google has been issuing these warnings for quite a while now, that “your not using https: and site deprecated” warning.  I am not sure if that is effecting your site, just of note for some people.  I am going to discuss further with the develoepr when he returns from vacation.

Meg
    Participant

Yes, my theme is responsive. In ios, I’ll go to the store locator page, put in the zip and it will search, then pull up nothing.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Meg,

The SLP plugin styles are Javascript intensive. Any of your other plugins , or theme,  that are interrupting the flow of js will effect how the SLP map and plugin styles work.  Have you checked all your plugins and themes, even ones that are in your plugin suite but may be deactivated, to see if they are running the current versions of jquery iaw WP 4.5 updates?  If SLP was working before in ios and now isnt I would look at other updates as well.  I havent had a chance to test all the browsers but the developer does when he updates. He is currently our of town. I added it to the list of testing to make sure it isnt our site.

If you could troubleshoot or debug and see what you can find out, it would be appreciated.  The link and Info is here in authors last post

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. Have you checked your plugin version of  WPBakery Visual composer? There were some issues after last WP 4.5 update apparently. It appears you have an older version, but I could not find that specific author as shown on your screenshot.

Meg
    Participant

Thanks for this. I updated this on Friday after your note. We’re now current with WPBakery. However, ios is still not working. I will start looking at other plugins next.

Cici
    Keymaster

Meg,

Thanks, please keep us updated.   I have added this as a potential issue to the developers task. He just got back so it might be a while before he sees it.  have you tried browser stack to cross test the site on various platforms?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.