Tagalong Disappeared/Blank after upgrading

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Tagalong Disappeared/Blank after upgrading

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Zippitydoodaday
    Participant

I upgraded to 4.0.032 and the Tagalong page is now a blank page (in both Firefox and Explorer).  All my other Plus plug-ins work.  I need to add more Categories to Tagalong.  What should I do?

Thank you,

Zena

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Which version of Tagalong do you have installed?

Store Locator Plus 4 Upgrade Notices

Mixing Store Locator Plus 4 (SLP4) with Store Locator Plus 3 (SLP3) add-on packs (or vice-versa) can cause a wide variety of problems on your website.   The following error messages may show up on  your admin panel, main web pages, or in the WordPress error logs.   They are the most common indicators of mixing SLP3 and SLP4 products:

• Fatal error: Cannot use object of type SLPlus_Data as array
    • The setResultsString method is no longer available.
    • The create_InputElement method is no longer available.
    • Call to undefined method SLPlus::VersionCheck()

Version 3 and Version 4 Do Not Mix

You cannot use Store Locator Plus 3 add-on packs with the Store Locator Plus 4 base plugin.  If you upgraded your base plugin from SLP3 to SLP4 you must de-activate and delete the older add-on packs until you purchase the SLP4 compatible version of the add-on pack.   Make sure you download the SLP4 zip file from your account on the Store Locator Plus website, upload and activate the new version.

Zippitydoodaday
    Participant

Sorry for not being more specific.  I have all Version 4’s for my plug-ins.  Specifically, I have Tagalong 4.0.012

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

You need to upgrade to Tagalong 4.0.017.

/tag/slp4-changelog/

Check Your Add On Versions

The base plugin and add-on packs are updated on a regular basis.  Often the updates include fundamental changes that are designed to improve performance by reducing the memory and/or disk request load when your visitors are interacting with the map.   Making these baseline changes often requires removing unused code or relocating it within the Store Locator Plus system.  What does this mean for the casual plugin user or system administrator?

Whenever you update the base plugin make sure ALL of  your SLP add-on packs are updated to the latest version as well.

Since this is a significant issue when it comes to maintaining site stability, newer versions of the add-on packs now communicate more details to the base plugin to help provide at-a-glance add-on pack information on the main Store Locator Plus / Info tab.    However if you have not yet upgraded your add-on packs or if the upgrade communication server is offline you can still check your add-on packs manually.

Upgrading An Add-On Pack

First upgrade the base plugin.   It is a standard WordPress plugin and the WordPress plugin directory is kept up-to-date with the latest release.  Go to dashboard / updates and click “check again”.   If there is a newer version of Store Locator Plus available it will show up here.  Install the update as usual.

If there are any SLP add-on packs available they should show up on the upgrade list, however the WordPress hooks that query remote servers do not always respond fast enough to notify you when a non-WordPress-hosted add-on pack has an upgrade available.   Follow these steps to upgrade your add-on packs:

• Check the most recent change log post to see what the latest add-on versions are.
    • Go to  your WordPress admin panel plugins page.    Compare your installed versions to those listed on the change log post.
    • Login to your account on the Store Locator Plus website.
    • Download your add-on packs for any that are out-of-date.
    • Via your WordPress admin panel, deactivate and delete the outdated add-on packs.
    • Via your WordPress admin panel, install the zip files you downloaded from the Store Locator Plus site, activate the add-on packs.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.