Store Pages being forced to custom layoutof another post type

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Store Pages being forced to custom layoutof another post type

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve added SLP (+pro pack and store pages) to a site that I didn’t build which uses some sort of custom post template for ‘tyres’, and the problem I have, is that store pages I create are being forced into this format.

I’m not a php expert and have tried to work it out, but cannot. I would like the store pages to output to a standard page, which I can then adapt…I’m a bit better at html and css than I am at php 🙂

An example of a current store page can be found here http://nktest.growdigital.com.au/dealer/new-farm-tyres/

An example of one of the ‘tyre’ pages is at http://nktest.growdigital.com.au/tyre/ns-20-2/

Is anyone able to offer me any pointers?

Versions information is:

Wordpress: 3.7.1

SLP 4.0.031

SLP PRO Pack 4.0.018

SLP Store pages 4.0.012

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

The format of pages for custom post types is set by your WordPress theme.  Some themes handle custom post types better than others.  Most of my Woo Themes that I use allow me to style each page type individually.   To get specific control over a custom post type you need to create a new PHP template in the WordPress theme folder that is specific to the store_page post type.

I’m trying to get the more technical topics, such as creating a template PHP file over on the developers forum.  You may want to post there and see if some of the other technical users have any input.  I know a few have created custom Store Page template files.

/forums/forum/developer-discussion/

Richard
    Participant

Thanks Lance,

I have created a basic store_page.php page template and I am assuming your plugin registers the post type store_page.

Is there somewhere in the store pages php files that I need to set it so that new store pages use the template in store_page.php?

Appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Richard

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

The WordPress theme should do that automatically.   Which template is used should be determined during the page rendering process of the WP Theme based on page types.  Not all themes are cognizant of custom post types, however.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.