Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus store locator shortcode not working languge transalation store pages

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Dennis
    Participant

Hello Team,

i have using store locator plugin and my dutch language all store pages working fine but when i translate store locator pages in other language using for wpml then store locator all shotcode is not work getting blank results

can you please help me for why shrtcode is not working after store pages trsanslation in other language one language is working fine but other language domain is not working

i hope you understand me . i will wait your reply

Thanks
    Dennis Wruck

Dennis
    Participant

Hello Team

store locator plugin to translate in wpml any one language is working fine all shortcode but other language is not working shortcode can you please let me know when you upgrade translation with wpml functionality

i am waiting for your reply

Thanks
    Dennis Wruck

Cici
    Keymaster

I do not understand your question…the developer has mentioned the translation and compatibility with WPML. He is not going to go back and redo the older add-ons one by one to work with the revamped WPML. Only the newer add-ons such as Expereinec, Power and Premier are going to be worked on for WPML. WPML is VERY slow in answering their forum and support questions.

Please see the authors post and news update here.

Dennis
    Participant

Hello Cici,

Thanks for reply

my question is when i translate all store-locater pages in other language then my slp short code not working translation pages but existing language is working fine i means currenly my all store locator pages work in german language is working fine but i will translate all store pages using for wPMl than page is create other language but shortcode is not working on translation page

i hope you understand me

Thanks
    Dennis Wruck

Cici
    Keymaster

If you could provide your url that has the SLP shortcode on it I can see what you mean. Or if you can provide screenshots, I also would like screenshot of your Plugin Environment…all this is requested in the Posting Guidelines

Language and Translation Info

Dennis
    Participant

Hello Cici

here i have attached all my screenshot in german language and dennis language pages and both language page display in front end this type german language page all shortcode is working fine but dennis language all shortcode getting null value

here i have mention my both language url
    German language :- http://relaunch.brillen.de/optiker/zeit-zum-sehen-optik-und-uhren/

Dennis Language :- http://relaunch.lokaleoptikere.dk/optiker/zeit-zum-sehen-optik-und-uhren/

now look into this two page german language is main domain language page and Dennis language is tranlsation page

here is also attached my screenshot please find it

Thanks
    Dennis Wruck

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

First of all SLP and any of our add-ons that are 4.5.xx or higher are coded to work with WordPress 4.5.xx and higher, you are using WP 4.4.2. and you ahve all types of version mixes and matches so I am not sure how they will work together. You can roll back SLP if you want, but then ProPAck 4.5 will not work with lower versions of SLP, so I guess you need to determine what you are going to do as far as updating. I Know it is a pain, but WP 4.5 is what the developer is coding to and we do not support and maintain the older (4.3) or legacy versions of our add-ons.

I do not know if all those plugin add-ons you have had  already been translated or not so you need to read the links above concerning language files and translation in WPthat I provided. The developer is not working on any translation for languages or  WPML of older legacy add-ons.  All WPML and translation files will only be updated for the new SLP 4.5.07 and above,  EXP,POWER or PREMIER add-ons.  It just takes way too much time to try and update every single add-on to every language or  to WPML new standards, so he is working with them and will implement updates on only the newer  SLP versions , 4.5.07 and up.

I still have no idea what your question is because I do not know what is supposed to be the difference with your german language and your dennis pages language links.

BUT I do see  you have incorrect formatting somewhere in your results layout or your page template that needs to be fixed,

I see the slp shortcode showing up  on one your front pages so am guessing you have an extra bracket somewhere in your results layout or your page template. Is this what you are asking about?

Yours  E-Mail:

[slp_location directions_text]

Look under your results layout for this:

</span><span class=”slp_result_contact slp_result_directions”><a href=”http://[slp_location map_domain]/maps?saddr=[slp_location search_address]&daddr=[slp_location location_address]” target=”_blank” class=”storelocatorlink”>[slp_location directions_text]</a></span>

If it is coming from your Pages Template, use the default page template that was changed ages ago.

Also refer to these articles that may be relevant to what you are seeing, the second article has a tutorial video, I do not know if it is relevant to you. Sorry I cant be of more help.

SLP 4.5.07 beta WPML

SLP and changes to WPML text string

Dennis
    Participant

Hello Cici,

Actually i am confuse for which version i will take rollback. currently i have face issues for store pages translation i give you both translation page german language all shortcode is working fine but dennis language shortcode getting null value so let me know which verison plugin i will use to fix this isseus because some formu give answer team working for wpml transaltion hook so let me this are plugin isues

i am waiting for your reply

Thanks
    Dennis Wruck

Cici
    Keymaster

I do not know what “dennis language” is…

What is “dennis language”  is that your made up lingo for something you wrote or is there a language translating to something called dennis ????

As mentioned in all the previous posts : your listed SLP add-ons will not be updated if the language file  does not work now.  You can use LOCO Translate but we are not updating language files for LEGACY add-ons, only for NEW add-ons using WPML.

Shortcodes are in English and will remain in English because they are codes

I cannot answer your questions because they do not make sense and you are using incorrect syntax.  Please use an online translation program to translate what you want to say in English and copy it here.   Your English is not good enough to ask proper technical questions I am sorry.  I have helped as much as I can.

Dennis
    Participant

Hello Cici

what you are not understand let me know

i was give you all my plugin environment and also send you all other screenshots

my website current language is german and i have using for WPML plugin for translation in website for denmark, spain, and english

i have create store locatore plugin addons store pages and this all pages display in german language and its working fine but.

now i have try to translation all store locatore pages in other three langues like spain, english and denmark then each language translation store pages shortcode not work thats my quetion ?

why slp shotcode only work in any one language and other transaltion language not working?

why this store-locatore shortcode not working in other translation store pages thats my simple Quetions

I hope you understand me

Thanks

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Dennis –

I am still working with WPML on compatibility.   At the moment we are at a “it should work” moment from WPML.   I am now tracing through how their gettext() processing is working so I can tell them why their “should be working” system is not working.    Since I do not know their code nearly as well as mine it is taking some time.

One thing we have discovered is the for some reason SLP is only working on translating strings if a COMPLETE language file for the alternate language is present in your Store Locator Plus languages directory.    If your main site is English and you use WPML to switch to Spanish (or Dutch or Italian) you will need the complete Spanish (or Dutch or Italian) language file in place for WPML to show the proper text.

You can use the free Loco Translate to create and save the alternate language files.   If you do create a new complete translation that we are not shipping with the product, please send us the .po and .mo files and that way they will be present next time you upgrade SLP so you do not have to recreate your work.

Documentation on Loco Translate as well as some of the WPML compatibility is here:
    https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/?s=translation

Once we figure out why WPML cannot translate the static strings in the product we are going to work on making things like the “Find Button Text” and “Search Label”, which are stored in the WordPress options (admin settings) translate consistently.  At the moment sometimes WPML translates the strings but sometimes it does not.  Very aggravating, especially when they are only telling me “well, it should work”.  :/

I will get it working.  Eventually.  Hopefully soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Dennis –

I am still working with WPML on compatibility.   At the moment we are at a “it should work” moment from WPML.   I am now tracing through how their gettext() processing is working so I can tell them why their “should be working” system is not working.    Since I do not know their code nearly as well as mine it is taking some time.

One thing we have discovered is the for some reason SLP is only working on translating strings if a COMPLETE language file for the alternate language is present in your Store Locator Plus languages directory.    If your main site is English and you use WPML to switch to Spanish (or Dutch or Italian) you will need the complete Spanish (or Dutch or Italian) language file in place for WPML to show the proper text.

You can use the free Loco Translate to create and save the alternate language files.   If you do create a new complete translation that we are not shipping with the product, please send us the .po and .mo files and that way they will be present next time you upgrade SLP so you do not have to recreate your work.

Documentation on Loco Translate as well as some of the WPML compatibility is here:

Once we figure out why WPML cannot translate the static strings in the product we are going to work on making things like the “Find Button Text” and “Search Label”, which are stored in the WordPress options (admin settings) translate consistently.  At the moment sometimes WPML translates the strings but sometimes it does not.  Very aggravating, especially when they are only telling me “well, it should work”.  :/

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Dennis –

Dennis
    Participant

Hello Lance Cleveland,

i know you are working on wpml compatibility. but i have lots of confusion for which .mo and .po files send give me path

and let me know

if a COMPLETE language file for the alternate language is present in your Store Locator Plus languages directory. If your main site is English and you use WPML to switch to Spanish (or Dutch or Italian) you will need the complete Spanish (or Dutch or Italian) language file in place for WPML to show the proper text.

which file i place in wpml please give me both path

and i have face isues since more months

so please give me your reply asap

Thanks
    Dennis wruck

Cici
    Keymaster
    Dennis
    Participant

Hello CICI

any solution about store locatore store upload in each language have own store pages like import option allaow in all language and how to work store locatore shortcode value in display in all language and allow content display each language have own tranlation content in wordpress

your team are done for wpml compatibility for store pages

thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

The only updates to any Language files  for ADD-ONS will be updated  ONLY for the newer (not Legacy)  Power and/or or Experience Add-on.  If you are referring to the base plugin please see the translation information update on Documentation pages

Dennis
    Participant

Hello Cici

i am talking about store-locatore pages and its shortcode to compatible run in multigunal website

like sore import option available in default language and my default language all store working fine

but i have same function do in secondary language like denmark then that time i have not any option show for store upload in denmark its display all imported store in default language means german

and when i will create near by city store listing page then german (default language working fine) and same i translate these page in denmark then i have getting below api error and not any result fond i have allreay created dummy store import in denmark but not getting result

This service requires an API key.  For more information on authentication and Google Maps Javascript API services please see: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key

…){a.apply(b,c)})}};_.hb=function(a){return window.setTimeout(a,0)};jb=function(a…

Google JavaScript API geocoder failed with status REQUEST_DENIED

slp.js?ver=4.5.09 (line 1452)

Address sent to Google: 6700

now i have getting these error in console for multigunal website

can you please fix these issues

Cici
    Keymaster

You have two issues.

One, only the new add-ons will be updated with the language files if you send .po.mo. So you would need Power add-on for instance. No more updates are being done for Legacy add-ons.

Second, the Google API key

You can only have the API developer console key indicated, not multiple .  You cannot have a restrictions on the referrer for your Google Javascript API for Maps to work.

See information in the Google Developers console about this

See the INFO page about this in documentation

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.