Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Split: Discrete search and results

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

thanks cici i shall, one last thing i cant seem to set the results as like 25, seems to show all the results. see screenshots. am i missing something?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Check  “show locations at startup”, those two settings go hand and hand. If you do have show locations at startup set then the other number doesn’t matter.

Results Panel settings

Is it coming back with more results then you want after the search or less?

Steve
    Participant

Hi Cici, i dont want to show locations as at start up, so should this be set to 0? and when i type city. it comes back with all locations from closest to far away. i only would like within radius of country.

Cici
    Keymaster

My answer confused me…so let me try again:

Step 1) Check the box At startup “show locations”

Step 2) If you want 25 then put 25 in the box which you already have in results, otherwise you can change it to less or more…

That setting under  Results (max  to show) is in conjunction with “show locations at startup”.

Now refresh and check your front end, is it now showing a max of 25?

Steve
    Participant

its showing all of them.

settings in screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

OHHH

ok….

Order results by is default closest to farthest away.  You want to modify to only show within a certain country?  How are you using the discrete search?   See how to use the discrete search functions in your case by country.

And you do not want the radius behavior as “always use” under your search settings.

Cici
    Keymaster

if you want to restrict to city country, there is a new Widgets option to do that contained in the Experience Add-ON . It is not going to limit to one country unless you add shortcodes , or bind the search results , as in  use one of the Widgets with a dropdown menu, (such as country, or city) and/or have the selector in discrete search mode and not to use the radius…you need to bind it somehow because the  theory is you want a radius (just like Google location sensor works)

Check out the devleopers YouTube video, it might show you better how to use these settings.

Steve
    Participant

ok i will look into it, thank you for all your advice.

Cici
    Keymaster

Steve,

My Pleasure.

CiCi

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Split: Discrete search and results’ is closed to new replies.