Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus SLP Janitor Won't Clear Locations

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

Hi,

I am getting the following error when trying to use the Clear Location function of the SLP Janitor:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method SLPlus_Location::DeletePermanently() in /var/www/vhosts/backcountryaccess.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/slp-janitor-2/include/class.admin.functions.php on line 28
    It used to work fine before. Can you help remedy this error? I have tried deactivating and reactivating the Janitor plugin. Please see attached for Plugin Environment.

Thanks,

Andrew

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi,

Are you using the Tab under Janitor called  Tools/Locations

Clear Locations?

Clearing ALL locations is a destructive process that cannot be undone. Make sure you have a full backup of your site before proceeding.

Cici
    Keymaster

I will report it to Lance, to see if it is a bug in Janitor or if it is incompatible with PhP version you have.

Andrew
    Participant

Yes, that is the one I am trying to use. It’s very handy to do a mass deletion and bulk import using that tool. (Although sometimes it times out/throws an error before it’s deleted all the locations.) Thanks, Cici. Please let me know what you find out.

Cici
    Keymaster

Sure Andrew,

The timing out issue could be your server capacity, especially if you are on a shared server.  Assume you have quite a few locations in the table if you are using Janitor.  Can you set yourAdmin UI under Locations Manage to display locations  lets say  a 100 at a ytime and then use the bulk actions to check off the 100 at a time and  delete permanently from the  Locations Manager Tab? The only thing  you should be aware, if your server cant handle it it might not load next time and you will need to make sure to re set the display filter back to a smaller number after you have done that or the whole Locations tab may not open next time and you will need to use Janitor to reset that under the options_nojs

Not sure when Lance will get a chance to look into this with his schedule.

CIci

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

As an aside, SLP 4.5 now has an “apply to all” button.   Select delete from bulk actions on the manage locations tab then click “apply to all”.   It does the same thing as Janitor delete locations.

Andrew
    Participant

Hi Lance,

I can do that for the time being, but we have >1000 locations listed on our map, and if I display more than a few hundred at a time the bulk delete function doesn’t work as Cici pointed out. (We are, on a dedicated host, not a shared server.) However, I appreciate you getting in touch and please let me know if you find a solution for the Janitor problem.

If I can give you any more information please let me know.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.