Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

We had purchased this plugin in part because of the options available in MultiMap. We wanted to have an English Front End and a French Front End, both pulling from the same store locator list. However since purchase it appears as though the MultiMap plugin has been discontinued (and our attempts to use it have proved it’s buggy and unusable).

I’m wondering if you can help me solve this issue. How can we set this up (knowing that we are making use of a custom search layout and a custom results layout via the Experience plugin). Is it possible to use gettext in the custom search layout that our WPML translator will pick up?

Any thoughts would be helpful. This is causing quite an issue for us.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

I believe Lance answered in the email reply to you.  For others who may be reading this post  to paraphrase “You cannot use PHP code in the layouts.   WordPress shortcode processing does not work that way.
    WPML is supposed to be reading the database options that are registered via their string translator.   We’ve been trying to get that working with WPML for over a year now.   It was working before their 3.X update and now they cannot tell us why it has stopped working……..(they do not have an answer)……Full WPML support has been on our list (again) for a while now but it is a big undertaking given the extensive changes to the WPML infrastructure that they implemented last year.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.