Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Show Locations Button Color

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anne
    Participant

Hi there,

I am trying to change the text color for the show locations button, but I can’t see to find it. It’s defaulted to a purple button, which is great, but I need a text color to make it show up. Screenshot enclosed.

I own the power upgrade and everything is up to date. Screen shot below.

http://oncoblotlabs.com/find-a-physician-test/

I’m not the best coder, so please be gentle. Thanks for your help!

Anne

Cici
    Keymaster

You have the ability to change or override theme or plugin styles by using  CSS with the Power Add-on. There is a tutorial video to guide you through this. The tutorial video references ProPack but it has the same information as far as how to find the div and css rules using Firefox or any other browser developer tools

Anne
    Participant

I would assume I would change this within the CSS editor under Experience>View? On my page, it doesn’t give me a CSS editor box. See screenshot of what is on that page.

Cici
    Keymaster

I erred with my previous statement about being able to do that with the Power Add-on. , You are correct:

The reason I said Power is because Power replaced ProPack for all intents and purposes , with that exception. You used to be able to add and edit CSS with ProPack…If you had ProPack previously and had  CSS rules, those will still be applied.   But if you did not previously have ProPack and want to add or edit  CSS that is  a function of  the Experience Add-On (or if you are adept at CSS rules use any editor)

If you have BOTH  the Power and Experience add-on there are more features and styles that will work best and you might find  a style \ exactly as you would like it without doing ANY CSS. You see a view of the style in an inset if you have Premier.

In my opinion, if  you are going to purchase both add-ons, your best value is the Premier Add-on with Subscription. You will get additional exclusive features not available with  any of the stand alone add-ons,as well as the third party add-ons that you can opt to use or not,  (such as Social Media Extender, Extended Data Manager, Gravity Forms integration, User Managed Locations) but that you may find useful, eliminating the need to have a lot of  other WordPress add-ons. Less outside add-ons =less conflict potential, , less maintenance , and less juggling for support on your end, since you will also have   access to the premier forum (the questions in premier get answered first).   Any recent purchases (like your Power Add-on) will qualify you for a discount off the Premier  set-up fee.

Info on the CSS and plugin styles

advanced plugin styles and CSS

Anne
    Participant

Honestly, I don’t want to upgrade. Were the last two items you sent supposed to be links? They were broken.

We already paid a large sum of money to upload a large list. I just want to be able to see the text on the button. This should be a basic functionality of the plug-in. Either way, I shouldn’t need to upgrade to see the text. I haven’t changed the button style. It’s just all purple. How can I see the text on the button?

Cici
    Keymaster

I do not know how you got it to be all purple to begin with. , The SLP core base plugin does not have any plugin styles that would obscure the  text with the same  color as our submit locations button or search button. . Your custom theme on your site  is overwriting the color scheme of the SLP plugin you selected, try other SLP plugin styles.  Or if you have a WordPress theme change the menu and fonts and colors in your theme menu bar.   I do not know your theme and therefore cannot advise you where to change it. Pick a SLP plugin  style , there are over 20 to choose from.

Go to  Experience/View tab , you can see the documentation from there “. Learn more about changing the Store Locator Plus UI with plugin styles”

If you need help designing your WordPress site,  I suggest contacting Cybersprocket.com  You do  not need to be a coder to use the SLP plugins or add-ons product. But if you are trying to change a lot of elements and designs and themes andare unsure how, they can help you. I am not a developer or coder and I am able to change text colors, and do simple CSS, but I am also using just a standard free WP theme and the built in Twenty sixteen plugin style from SLP>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.