• This topic has 21 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Cici.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    imagei
    Participant

Hi Support

Just need a few pointers on SEO Pages.

I have enabled and all the pages were created in Draft status as expected.

When I go to edit a page I can’t see the page template shortcodes but if I set the status to Published the shortcodes appear. If I set back to Draft status the shortcodes remain so that’s OK. (Plugin environment below just FYI)

Firstly is there a way globally edit the template for the SEO pages after they have been created? The Pages Tab on SLP dashboard has a template but this doesn’t seem to affect pages once they have been created (?).

Secondly is there a shortcode (or query I can run) to return a list of the SEO pages (or locations) on a single page? I want a page where visitors can browse the locations rather search.

Thanks

Store Locator Plus:4.9.4

Experience:4.9.1

Power:4.9.3
    +Pages

Premier:4.9.3

Site URL:https://2018.*****************
    This Info Cached:1518617413

Network Active:No

WordPress Version:4.9.4

PHP Version:7.1.14

MySQL Version:5.6.38

PHP Limit:256M

WordPress General Limit:40M

WordPress Admin Limit:256M

PHP Peak RAM:44 MB

PHP Post Max Size:8M

Cici
    Keymaster

1)  More info on creating, recreating Page templates under documentation.

You will need to recreate using bulk actions if you change the template.

2) The SEO Pages List and how to render a list is explained under this page in the documentation

imagei
    Participant

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I’ve generated a list of SLP pages. 🙂

[slp_pages category=”Practitioner” max_locations=”-1″ order_by=”name” order=”asc” style=”list”]

A couple of queries.

Firstly The list generated wraps the name in an <h1> which I can style with css. Is there a way to remove the <h1>?

Secondly the ordering attributes don’t seem to working [… order_by=”name” order=”asc” ….]. Have I set those correctly?

Thanks again.

imagei
    Participant

Regards my first query about on creating, recreating pages.

It seems that the Pages tab with the Behaviour Group is not available until/unless Pages have been enabled on the General > Server tab. But once Pages have been enabled the settings on the Pages tab are instantly applied – i.e. Draft is the status with default Template shortcodes applied.

Subsequently updating the my preferences on the Pages tab, then disabling and renabling pages doesn’t appear to update the published status on the template on each of my SEO pages globally.

I must be missing something? Or I’ll need to update each SEO page individually which is a bit of a chore.

Thanks for you help

Cici
    Keymaster

Under the Tab in SLP Pages (not side menu) you can then set to published and all pages should then be published instead of doing them one by one.
    See screenshot:

The order by name shortcode is being fixed in a future update. See Lances answer to the Debbies premier forum post. She reported the issue.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Let me know if your SEO Pages is resolved now. I am not sure I have answered you fully. Yes you need to generate enable pages under the general setting for the function to apply and appear under the Store locator Plus logo on the WP admin side bar

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. Your versions are not the latest versions, all should be on 4.9.7

https://wp.storelocatorplus.com/support/slp-versions/

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Cici.
    Cici
    Keymaster

I may have misunderstood your second question:
    You are showing a shortcode [slp_pages category=”Practitioner” max_locations=”-1″ order_by=”name” order=”asc” style=”list”]

that isnt a shortcode….there is no slp_pages shortocde. What are you trying to do on that one?

Cici
    Keymaster

About your

h1>reference:”
    It does not automatically do that, ‘did you either/or
    1) edit the page itself in VISUAL mode and type in
    “h1

2) did not edit the Store Locator Plus > Pages > Template setting properly… and put the referring script &lt;h1&gt;&gt in there

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Cici.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Cici. Reason: html
    imagei
    Participant

Hi Cici

~~~~
    Under the Tab in SLP Pages (not side menu) you can then set to published and all pages should then be published instead of doing them one by one.
    ~~~~
    > Doesn’t work for me. I have upgraded to the latest version of SLP.
    Weird.

~~~~~
    The order by name shortcode is being fixed in a future update. See Lances answer to the Debbies premier forum post. She reported the issue.
    ~~~~~
    and
    ~~~~~
    …there is no slp_pages shortocde.
    ~~~~~
    > I’ve based my shortcode on the documentation you gave me earlier.
    https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/creating-a-list-of-location-pages/
    The only thing that doesn’t work is the ordering by name.
    https://2018.unitedayurveda.com/find-a-member/member-profiles/practitioner-members/

~~
    h1>reference:
    “”
    Weird. I didn’t add it.
    I noticed that the Pages Template had <h1> tags wrapped around Description and Contact shortcodes which appear on the SEO page themselves. Maybe had them around Name too? As far as I can see the SLP Pages tab is not talking too to the SEO pages on my install. I’ve got Divi installed – perhaps a conflict?

Cici
    Keymaster

Is that site url that you are showing us a staging or dev site?

imagei
    Participant

Its just a dev site that will replace the current live site Cici

Cici
    Keymaster

When I look at the site url you provided I see these errors:

Uncaught ReferenceError: slplus is not defined
    at HTMLDocument. (slp-power_userinterface.min.js?ver=4.9.4:1)
    at i (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at Function.ready (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)
    at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:2)

If slplus is not defined none of the SLP JavaScript will work

imagei
    Participant

Ah. That’s a good spot Cici. Thanks
    Its above my skill level. I’m guessing plugin conflict?

Cici
    Keymaster

ok, just talked to the developer. I provided you incorrect information on how to bulk Publish pages. The tab I was saying is under the Pages, is set to draft , that is for how you want the first status when you first create the Page. It will not go back and reset those to published. There is a reason for that, there are customers with a thousand store pages and they do not want there administrators to be able to just automatically create new pages and have them published.

The way you do publish them is a built in WordPress tools, after you have created Pages , go to sidebar menu under SLP Logo, All Pages (this is a WordPress feature) It will show the list of all your store pages, you check off under Bulk Edit all the ones you want to change . There is a screen that allows you to change status, you would change it to publish.

See screenshot.

I apologize for the confusion, I do not use SEO Pages on my own site so had to become familiar with the process again.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

The second way would be to delete all pages, (once you have the page template the way you want ) then recreate them with status as Published.

Cici
    Keymaster

As far as the error I spotted using the Browser inspect console….According to the developer if the output of the [slp_pages] shortcode is not working something on your dev site has to be doing something messed up elsewhere in your site code. It could possibly even be a page accelerator or cache that is breaking — pre-compiling/caching the HTML versus letting WordPress deal with all the I/O in an effort to speed things up.

It is above my skill set ( I am not a developer either). If you do need extensive developer help that would be a paid support feature.

web17
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m curious to know if you ever sorted out the issue for “slplus is not defined”, as I am too experiencing this on one of my websites.

Thanks!

imagei
    Participant

Hi @web17

Sorry the project has been put on hold whilst I wait for the client to provide content so I have not looked into this further.

When I do pick it up again I will post my results here so stay subscribed. 🙂

If you manage to fix the issue please let me know. 🙂

Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

@web17

Could you please start a new thread? Need your versions and plugin environment We also would need the url you are having issues on to be able to assist you.

web17
    Participant

If I continue to have issues, I will certainly start a new thread.

For the record though, I have temporarily solved this issue by using the “Force Load Javascript” option. I’m not sure why I need to use this, as my theme (BeTheme) has wp_footer(); support. I will continue to diagnose on my end and post my findings (either here or a new thread, depending on how much there is to say), but for now this solved my problem!

Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

Set up a staging site and play around with turning off plugins and/or switching to a standard WP theme. To provide any further info we would need to know the url of the site you are having issues with, the version of SLP, Power, EXP, and premier that you are using. If you cannot post the url in this forum you can always send an email to support and someone will take a look at it when they can

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.