Search by city PULL DOWN menu not working

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Search by city PULL DOWN menu not working

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Cédric 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

alius
    Participant

When I enable search by city pull down menu it does not work. No cities there, only one item “CITY, STATE”.. however this function worked on tested site. Please, inform how to fix it.

See picture attached.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

I just tested SLP 3.11.19 with Pro Pack 3.11.004 and the City pull down works fine.

Check your location data and make sure you have the proper data in the correct fields.

Also make sure your base plugin & add-on pack are updated.

alius
    Participant

I checked everything. It still does not work. All cities are correct, however menu doesnt populate with city names. What else shall I do?

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Please post a screen shot of your plugins admin page showing the plugin versions. Also provide some location details that reproduce the issue. I tested again with the latest SLP3 release and it is working on my test servers. I cannot recommend a solution until I can reproduce the problem.

alius
    Participant

Hi, after some experiments I could tell how to reproduce this error:

1. Add city drop down menu.

2. Upload location cvs file which is attached. You will see some error importing locations.

3.  Just open and press UPDATE on bad locations without any changes. Now all locations are OK. (You should look on that import-error thing as well)

4. You will see no cities in the drop-down 🙁

All this done here: http://www.foxbox.lt/testinis/?page_id=74&lang=lt

You can see 94 locations set correctly in the map, however city pulldown is empty. Also, please make possible to change language of “–Search by city–” text. Due to design issues I think it is better to align that drop down menu together with address field and add label (not put label “search by city” in the drobdown). Also, there I cannot change map dimensions.

Everything esle is working smoothly, thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Yani
    Participant

Hello,

I have just purchased the PRO pack and the enhanced MAP and SEARCH.

THe city Pulldown menu doesn’t work for me either. I have manually added 40 locations which are displayed properly but still the city pulldown is empty. You can see this here:

http://roo-bar.com/where-to-buy-new/

In my opinion the user-friendliest way this should work is: First should be the COUNTRY Pulldown and next to it the on the right the CITY pulldown. Then suppose I select Belgium and the CITY PULLDOWN should be loaded with all the cities in Belgium which have an added location.

Please after you make the update with correcting this bug, let me know so I download the plugin again.

Thanks!

Yani

Cédric
    Participant

Same problem for us … Is anyone have a solution ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.