Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Rankings showing up in reverse order in Results

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

Hey there,

I’m having an issue with the rankings not showing up in the correct order in the results. I know the rankings are setup so that the lower ranked locations have a higher priority (1 > 2 > 3 > etc.), so I’ve set my results to show Ranking then Closest. However, they are showing up in reverse order in the results (4 > 3 > 2 > 1).

I have categories and rank associated with each location. The category each location is in has the same rank as the actual location. My categories are Gold (1), Silver (2), Bronze (3), and Un-Authorized (4). Each of the categories has a colored star marker associated with it.

Any idea why my locations are showing up in the opposite order? All of my add-ons are up to date as of the writing of this post. The add-ons I’m using are below:

• Enhanced Map
    • Enhanced Results
    • Enhanced Search
    • GF Integration
    • GF Locations
    • Pages
    • Pro Pack
    • Tagalong
    • User Managed Locations
    • Widget Pack

So basically the works. Thanks in advance for your help. I’ve attached my plugin environment screenshot as well. Let me know if there’s any more information you need.

Also, the link my locator page: http://staging.biggreenegg.com/find-a-dealer/

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

The developer is going to look into it, he has discovered another issue within the results  display.

P.S actually you don’t seem to have all the latest versions of the  add-ons since  the Experience add-on replaces EM,ER,ES, and Widgets with a 4.4 EXP addon version.  I believe all the add-ons now have a 4.4 version. You should see Experience download available to you if you have an active Premier subscription . If not let us know and I can look into it.

Rob
    Participant

Oh Ok, I saw the Experience package had come out but I wasn’t sure if that was for new people coming on or if I should add it to replace those other add-ons. Will installing the Experience pack mess up any of the settings that I’ve set up in those 3 add-ons?

Also, thank you for the note about the developer working on the results issue. Do you know if this is something that should be fixed within the next week or so? Again, I appreciate your help.

Cici
    Keymaster

Your settings will not be replaced when you deactivate and upload EXP. As a premier customer, as long as your subscription is active, you get all updates included…the base plugin will eventually go to 4.5 and the older Legacy add-ons (4.3) will  not work with the 4.5 versions.

As far as I know, Lance will get to the update this week.

Cici
    Keymaster

Rob, One more question…On your settings, do you happen to have  ForceLoad Javascript on? That can cause issues with ranking.

Cici
    Keymaster

Rob,
    Experience Addon 4.4.06 is being tested and my tests so far show that it fixes the ranking issue. If you want to try it in pre release form you can and let us know if that works for you ( as per the pre release instructions make sure you have backed up site and it is best to try on staging or dev site rather than production site if you have that available)

Rob
    Participant

Hey Cici,

I appreciate all of the info. I’ll probably begin the transition to the Experience package  4.4.06 tomorrow. Fortunately the site has not gone live yet, so we are still on our staging site. Thank you for being so quick to respond on these issues. I’ll let you know tomorrow if I experience any issues or if thing go well. Either way I’ll make sure to hop back on here and keep you posted. Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

Fantastic, Experience Add on 4.4.06 is now in Production so it has been vetted and no failed tests.

Rob
    Participant

Yep! that did the trick. Thanks for all of your help. The Experience pack is installed and the Results are showing up in the correct order. I appreciate it.

Cici
    Keymaster

No problem, stay tuned, Lance found some other minor bugs and is updating Premier (to incorporate some cool WooCommerce functionality) EXP to 4.4.08 and SLP base plugin to 4.4.xx
    Many updates are happening at this time as a result of new features being added, so we appreciate your patience during this time.

🙂

Cici
    Keymaster

If after you get your site up and running or if you have a few moments and feel as though you can leave a five start rating on WP it would be greatly appreciated by Lance (and me in my meager support role)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Rankings showing up in reverse order in Results’ is closed to new replies.