Store Locator Plus for WordPress Forums Premier Support Ranking not working properly

Tagged: 

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Daniel
    Participant

Hi, ( sorry for my english)

Thank you for your plugin is really nice.

1)

but, i have an issue with the ranking, i have set 4 location (store 1, 2, 3, 4 with ranking 1,2,3,4)

with the localisation sensore he show me correctlely the home but the result is wrong.

i set for the result, showing only 2 reults,  but it show my the farest instead the closest and the ranking is from the last to the first,

the store 1 and 2 are the  closest from the home.

Can you help me to fix that?

2)

In the same time , it is possible instead to use the sensor localisation in the page load.

have an button to execute the locatiosation if the user ask for ?

like “geolocate me >” from http://store-us.tagheuer.com/

i wish you a beautiful day.

Best regards

Daniel

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel,
    Could you please provide a screenshot of your Plugin Environment so we know which versions you have installed and activated?
    (see Posting Guidelines)
    Your screen shot of Store 1 etc is not indicating what settings you have for each location:
    A screen shot like the one I have added shows more…

Just “Naming: a store 1,2,3 etc does not RANK it. Rank is a setting ( see the recent Extended Data video to get an idea of what I mean. Rank is an Integer data field, whereas the Location NAME is a text field and can only be sorted Alphabetically))

You add your ranks under Locations Exp section as an integer in the box rank…

I have thoroughly tested the latest versions 4.4.17, Premier 4.4. etc and the ranking works as intended.

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. The screenshots show that the ranking is working exactly in the manner it should be
    You have selected FEATURED< RANK< CLOSEST: none Featured but you have the order by as 1) First show me the FEATURED (you have none according to your Locations table)\ 2) Then show me RANKED...you have Store 1 as 1, etc...it will show the LOWEST number first, and then yu have closest. So it is going to show you 1) first: any locations you have indicated as "featured", 2) Any Location you have ranked, ranking is an integer in the box "rank" Number 1 is going to show before number 2, before 3, before 4, etc. 3) criteria last will be the one closest in distance from your center or from your location if location sensor is on..You can test if your location sensor is working by visiting your site incognito and test it a few ways by rearranging your ranking.Lastly, the other site you were referring to in your post " taghuer" is a customized site and I do not know what they are using for mapping if not Google Maps. The site is not open source, it is licensed software. If you need customization like that site you will need to send your specs and additional details to support for a quote.Check out some of the Tutorial videos on the SLP you tune channel or under Documentation.

Daniel
    Participant

Hi

Thank you for your response ,

but the ranking work in reverse in my case, the highest number comming first not the LOWEST

if you look on my screenshot “bug2.jpg” you see store_1 = rank = 1 (on the right column) store_2 = rank = 2 etc…

i use the sensor location to set the home position search (green marker) and from this point the store 1 and store 2 are closest but he show me the store 3 and 4 (bug3.jpg) (i limit to show only 2 result)

is not working as is should be or are doing something wrong ?

In the meantime a wish you a beautiful day

Best Regards

Daniel

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

Hello Daniel,

I didn’t forget about you. Unfortunately I cannot replicate the issue and have asked the developer to look into this for you. He has been ill the last few days. I apologize for the wait.

Daniel
    Participant

Hi,

thank you for your response,

do you want an acccess on my website?
    i can send to you an user / passord if you give me an email.

in the meantime i wish you a beautiful day

Best Regards

Daniel

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Daniel

I’m not sure if we will need it but any emails with login info can be sent via the contact form that is located under Paid support link.

If you send email to support provide all the info required and identify that you have posted and have been working with us in the Premier Forum (a link to this forum post .would be good too)  I have notified the developer of your particular issue.

Thanks

CiCi

Cici
    Keymaster

Daniel, Do you have “force load javascript checked” If so that can cause all kinds of issues with ranking . Read the Troubleshooting guide below

https://wordpress.storelocatorplus.com/documentation/store-locator-plus/troubleshooting/#forceloadjavascript

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel
    Experience Addon 4.4.06 is being tested and my tests so far show that it fixes the ranking issue. If you want to try it in pre release form you can and let us know if that works for you ( as per the pre release instructions make sure you have backed up site and it is best to try on staging or dev site rather than production site if you have that available)

Cici
    Keymaster

Update”

Experience Add on 4.4.06 is now in Production so it has been vetted and no failed tests. It fixes the ranked order issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Daniel
    Participant

Hi,

thank you for email and your help, i updated the new version. <span id=”result_box” class=”short_text” lang=”en”><span class=”hps”>unfortunately, now the ranking not working at all, even the result is false now.

on the form (see picture bellow ) if i type on the form osaka , Japan, we have 5 store  in osaka but the result (limited to 4) showing only 2 store in osaka, </span></span>

Maybe i need do something after update ?
    i try for the ranking to (ranking, closest) not waorking also

– the force load javascript is unchecked.

Thank you very much for your help

Have nice day

Daniel

Attachments:

Cici
    Keymaster

Daniel can you send that CSV file to support@storelocatorplus.com
    so we can review. The ranking is working now on my site and the screen shot of your csv file I cannot see the top

Cici
    Keymaster

Daniel, ANother Premier user tested out EXP 4.4.06 and it is working properly. As mentioned, there maybe something specific to your set up or perhaps your files that is preventing the Order by results behavior.
    We would like to resolve this issue please keep us updated.

Cici
    Keymaster

Daniel,

if you update make sure to update EXP to 4.4.07 before you update to SLP 4.4.27. Premier is also updated to 4.4.01

There was an issue that effected pagination that may have also been effecting your ranking if you had Radius behavior checked as only show after search… I sent you a reply via email with your csv file but it just dawned on me that you may have had the checkbox under the Search radius behavior that could have effected rankings as it was effecting pagination. You have a nice search layout and you are using multiple settings  and add-ons that come with the  Experience add on and Premier that interface with each other and  also Tagalong.

I hope all is well and you have everything working now after the latest updates.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ranking not working properly’ is closed to new replies.