problem selecting all and adding category

Home Forums Store Locator Plus problem selecting all and adding category

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jonpratt
    Participant

I’m trying to add a category to a list of 2500 stores, and not having any luck.

The steps I’m taking:
    1. On Manage Locations screen I do a search for all stores that meet the criteria I am looking for. 2500 stores display.

2. Check the select all checkbox to the left of the “Actions” heading. All stores are selected.

3. Choose the appropriate category under the + selection area found under the Categorize button.

4. Click Categorize, answer in the affirmative when prompted.

This results in about 1000 stores being correctly categorized, and the remaining are not affected. Since there is no way I can see to select all the ones that weren’t categorized, I’m left with manually selecting then categorizing the remaining 1500. Obviously as the list grows (should be about 10,000 when I’m done importing stores) this is a fairly big annoyance.

Do you have any suggestions on how I might tackle this? I see SLP4 should take care of the issue on import, but all my stores will need to be imported before then.

Thanks

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

I do not have a test list of Store Categories large enough to debug this on my dev system. If you have a CSV import of locations with 1,001+ locations you can share with me that will help to evaluate the issue. A quick look at the code does not indicate any reason why the update should be stopping at 1,000 locations.

jonpratt
    Participant

I’d be happy to share something to you, let me know where I should send it.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Use the contact form on this site and let me know it is in response to this post. I will reply so you have my direct email address. I get enough spam already without posting my address directly in the forum. πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.