Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus postcode Sydney 2000 taking me to Mexico

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Phil
    Participant

Hi When I type postcode 2000 into the locator it takes me to Mexico instead of Sydney Australia. Please see:

http://melaustralia.com/mel-stockists/

Cici
    Keymaster

That is Google. I have posted many news feeds (like this article) and answered forum questions on this subject matter.  I have experienced the same thing on occasion especially with Sydney and Australia.   Google decides to send people to random places.  The developer of SLP has compensated by adding selections for map domains and discrete search functions, append search country  (if you have Experience Add-on)

(See Countries and languages in Docs)

Also an explanation here in the documentation and what you can try to make sure the default goes to the right area of the world.

Please provide your Plugin environment if you need more information

Liz
    Participant

Hi, we are having the same issue – for sometime now actually. I just tried installing SLP into a test site to make sure there was nothing conflicting and still the same issue with postcode 2000

Store Locator Plus:4.5.13

Enhanced Map:4.3.01

Pages:4.4.07

Pro Pack:4.5.07

Tagalong:4.5.07

Enhanced Results:4.3.02

Enhanced Search:4.3.03

Site URL:http://www.astonmars.com

This Info Cached:0

Network Active:No

WordPress Version:4.5.3

PHP Version:5.4.45

MySQL Version:5.5.48

PHP Limit:256M

WordPress General Limit:40M

WordPress Admin Limit:256M

PHP Peak RAM:51 MB

PHP Post Max Size:64M

Cici
    Keymaster

Use the discrete search function since you have Enhanced Search, are all your locations in Australia

Cici
    Keymaster

@ Liz,

If you have locations outside of Australia as well you can make the search form “smarter” by adding the Widgets dropdown by city,state . That feature is part of the Experience Add-on. I notice you are still  using the Legacy add-ons from  2013. Thepackage you bought is  no longer offered but you are  eligible for a coupon to upgrade.   Premier might be your best bet, but you would want to upgrade to Experience or Power add-on  in order to keep the features you are currently using as well as some improvements to load and import times.  Contact support for more information or you could request a discount currently being offered  via the hosting survey. (P.S. If you would like some help updating your site we are now offering that service through Cybersprocket )

See the Legacy mapping to new add-ons under our FAQ New docs site

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.