Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Plugin seems to lack the flexibility I need.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Joshua
    Participant

Have a client with store locations internationally, but had an issue with it not searching for zip codes outside the United States. I got the Experience Add-On to allow customers to select the country they want to search in from a dropdown, but it still defaults to the US even when another country is selected. How do I fix this??

Edit: Check it out at “http://www.spotnails.com/dealer-locator/” and try looking up a shop at Zip Code 3074, in Australia.

Cici
    Keymaster

Please provide your plugin environment which should show versions add-ons etc.

If you use an inspect  browser tool you will see this fatal error message on the site.

js?language=en&region=US&ver=4.8:96 You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.

Apparently another one of your plugins or the theme is also using the Google Map API,

Also you have your option set to options[map_region]:us

Joshua
    Participant

Its running in WordPress version 4.8. The SLP plugin and Experience add-on are both version 4.8. The only other map is located on the contact page.

What should my map region be set to Or can I clear that selection entirely?

Cici
    Keymaster

Australia always seems to be problematic for Google. Set your view to Worldview. You can try  appending Australia or use a shortcode to append if that is the usual  country that appears to be problematic on your site or use the country influenced guess or autocomplete zip.

As far as the other map running on a contact page, google API does not care about that. They specify one MAP API  for  the domain/IP.

You have 2 map applications installed and active on the site. The other plugin, or possibly map module in your theme, is calling Google Maps incorrectly and it is breaking the JavaScript engine. The new add/edit forms are 100% JavaScript based. If another script is misbehaving it can influence Store Locator Plus, especially if they are loading their script on the SLP admin pages (which well-designed plugins/themes will never do).

Start by disabling the other map application. If you still have an issue it may be something in your location data or possibly loading an older version of jQuery.

Joshua
    Participant

You are completely wrong about Google APIs, but thank you for being willing to help. The problem is that this $250 plugin add-on, simply adds a dropdown list, but does not actually have any backend javascript input setup to override the default Google map domain selected in the basic plugin settings.

To understand my first sentence you also have to understand that the only running maps on this PAGE is this plugin.

“js?language=en&region=US&ver=4.8:96 You have included the Google Maps API multiple times on this page. This may cause unexpected errors.”

The contact page is a completely different PAGE in this website. So this is coming from the plugin, which I may have configured wrong, but not the contact page map.

Cici
    Keymaster

Use your browser developer tools and you will see the error message

You Are using Multiple Google MAP APIS on that page. Google APIS are determined by your domain when you register them.

In addition you have two other Google MAP API warnings on that page that indicate you have another plugin or it is embedded in your theme….using Google MAP API . We know this because of the  The warning “Sensor not required”. SLP has not had this warning in ages. Therefore something on your site is messing with SLP.

You need to follow the troubleshooting suggestions, turning your plugins off one by one and/or check your theme.

Use  developer tools to see the errors.  Also you have a drop down for Countries but that doesn’t mean only that country is going to show up, your default radius in the back end needs to be very large if you want the search to return anywhere in the world. You are not using the SLP Widget correctly. The Widget is meant to redirect to a separate page indicated by the url you entered

Cici
    Keymaster

We have just discovered an issue with the APPEND search feature.  I use one of the non US google Map domains so that if I search for Australia for instance it will come back correctly, even if I have locations in the US it isn’t a problem having the map domain set as Australia.  (Since our zip codes are longer the search results come back correctly if searching US).

the append search and another bug is being fixed and tested with the EXP beta version 4.8.xx. If you have a dev site you can download the pre-release to test the fix.   Please note: Using pre release versions  is not advised on production or live sites

Joshua
    Participant

I have found that certain maps may work, but Australia will not. It seems to be absolutely tied to the map domain. Even if I input the country is mexico in the experience dropdown it will look in the select ed map domain/region for the zip code that I input into the address box. If it finds it in that country it will not look further even if no location on my list is near there.

Joshua
    Participant

When do you think that fix will be live so that I can try it?

-Thank you

Cici
    Keymaster

SLP and Experience beta pre release versions are in testing. Hopefully fix will be by end of the week. It depends on the developers schedule and passing testing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.