Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Max Search Results Not Working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    William
    Participant

I made my “Max search results” to show only 4 listings, this seems to have no effect at all on the actual search results.  have even changed initial search results to 4. I am getting all search results within the radius. I have experience addon but cannot find anything about max search results for experience addon.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi William,

What do you have set under Experience/results “At startup”  to show initially and radius to search initially, if you lower the radius there it should help.

Have you disables the Initial Directory if you have Show Locations at startup?  Are you setting it up so that the results only appear after the search?

Also you haven’t mentioned  it, but what is Experience, order results  settings?  Do you have closest furthest or other setting?

Cici
    Keymaster

One other setting, Under Search Experience do you have radius behavior as always show or Use only when address is entered?

William
    Participant

I have changed my settings and tried the below as per your suggestions. They still did not change anything and still seem to show everything in a 50 mile radius no matter what i set the max number at.

Iv lowered  number to show “At Startup” to 0.

I have disabled the initial directory.

Order results are set to closest to furthest.

Iv changed radius behavior to show only when address is entered

<span style=”color: #43454b; font-family: ‘Source Sans Pro’, HelveticaNeue-Light, ‘Helvetica Neue Light’, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, ‘Lucida Grande’, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 19.416px;”>
    </span>I have a search zipcode widget setup on the home page which takes people to the location page. The only thing i need is to limit the locations to only show 4 then paginate after 4.

Cici
    Keymaster

It will not Paginate after 4 unless you have Premier subscription add-on

Pagination is not part of the Experience add-on.

If you have disable directory you do not need to put at Startup as zero. Disable Intial directory is used if you have Show locations immediately checked.

Under Experience search, do you have a default with parentheses?

Under Exp/search do you have discrete and radius behavior as only show when address is entered,

play around with it, This is what I have set up and it works for me.

Attachments:
    William
    Participant

This is what my settings look like.

Attachments:
    William
    Participant

I have changed them to be exatly like you have and still no luck.  I have even tried to use the below shortcode
    [SLPLUS initial_results_returned=”5”]

Cici
    Keymaster

Please provide info regarding your Theme and WP version.  What SLP plugin style are you using?  Do you have CSS rules? There has to be  something else interfering with the results controls.  As mentioned it works exactly as it should on my test site. Since I cannot access your url  to assist you with troubleshooting , I can  only provide you the tools to try.

1) Have you tried to reload and /or Clear your cache

2) check that your theme or another plugin is is not overriding the results. You can use any browser debugger tools to see the settings.  Here is Troubleshooting guidelines and it has a tutorial video if you need help.

3)  If you recently updated to WP 4.5 , try the default theme of  twenty sixteen. Some themes were not properly executing jquery and had issues. Or blocked or mismanaged the REST API that SLP uses.  Authors post on WP updates. (Dont be fooled by the title of the post, it goes in depth about more than the Map since the functions and parameters are interconnected. )

4) You have show featured if in radius, do you have ANY locations marked or ranked as featured?

5) Do you have FORCELOAD JAVASCRIPT?  If you do then it will interfere in your results settings

lastly,

You can install free  Janitor and see what all your settings are at, and if you need to clear out anything under the SLP, options  etc.

I have attached a screenshot of the janitor back end that shows initial results returned.  There are more settings under there as well.

If you need additional help after trying to debug and following the suggestions above, and need  SLP to login and see what is going on with your particular site , please send an inquiry from paid support.

As mentioned in prior post, you will not get any Pagination features unless you upgrade to Premier, results pagination is a premier feature.

let me know how it works out.

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.