IE issues

Home Forums Store Locator Plus IE issues

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

go4mm
    Participant

Hi there,

Great plugin, thanks.

Our client is reporting issues in IE8 with browser freezing on multiple machines. I’m unable to reproduce this behaviour but using IE’s debug tool I am getting some errors, including

SCRIPT5022: Invalid value for property <position>: [object Object]
    main.js, line 28 character 1228

http://bodyflow.nearlyready.com.au/clinics/

Thanks.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Main.js is not a Store Locator Plus component.

go4mm
    Participant

Thanks.

It is a Google Maps component though that’s loaded when I use Store Locator Plus.

Any other ideas that could help finding a fix for this?

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

I cannot reproduce this at BrowserStack with testing on multiple IE8 configurations.

Maybe a location sensor related issue? If you can help me reproduce the issue I can try to figure out what is going on. I’m just not seeing the problem on my test setup.

go4mm
    Participant

Thanks for putting time into this Lance. I’m not sure what’s going on and can’t reproduce it either. Let’s move on 🙂

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

I’m sure SOMETHING is going on as I’ve heard IE8 reports a few times but I can never get the problems to appear.   I am certain it is a unique combination of events and likely related to the location sensor.    There are a only a bazillion combinations of settings in the browser but I’d love to know what they are so I can see, and then fix, the problem.

– Location Sensor settings: ask, always on, always off

– JavaScript settings: allow, block, block specific, allow specific

– Cache settings

etc.

Just the first 2 options present at least a few dozen combinations of potential settings.

If anyone ever figures out exactly what IE8 settings break/unbreak a site please share.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.