Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus How to Translate "Find Locations" and "No locations found."

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tim
    Participant

I am building a site that is only in German using the Store Locator Plus WordPress plugin with the Power Add-on. Everything is up and running, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to translate the “find locations” text on the button and also the “no locations found” text. I’ve tried to install PO/MO files, use WPML, etc, but nothing seems to work. I see that I can spend an additional $250 to get this ability on the experience add-on which seems insane after already spending $250. The power add-on seems to allow me to translate several labels, but not the most important button?!?! Thanks for your help in advance!

Cici
    Keymaster

Translating on WordPress Translate

You may also use Loco Translate and WPML , More INFO

By using Loco Translate to sync and save an updated .po/.mo language file to the SLP languages directory, the WPML language switcher will now pick up the proper translation.  The process the developer used to get the Italian translation for “Find Locations” to show up when we select the Italian version of the page:

Install and Active Loco Translate

Go To Manage Translations in Loco Translate

Select the existing it_IT translation file next to Store Locator Plus.

Click sync to load in the latest gettext() calls that need translation.

Add the missing “Find Locations” text in Italian.

Save the file.

Now my Italian version of the English “Locations” page shows the proper text on the Find Locations button when I switch from the English page to the Italian page.

Cici
    Keymaster

The Experience add on is if you want to change the default standard label. For instance I have instead of Find Locations, the verbiage “Find Locations Now” and for the NO RESULTS message “Not what you are looking for? Try your search by adding the country after the post code”

As you can see I am changing the whole line, not translating the default. You should be able to translate the default buttons as mentioned above without the Experience add-on

Tim
    Participant

Thanks for the quick answer Cici. You solved part of my problem, but I’m still having an issue. I installed Loco Translate and started translating some stings that I needed. The “Find Locations” button translation worked perfectly, but for some reason I can’t get the “No locations found.” string to translate. I saved it just like the other and nothing seems to happen. Any idea what the problem could be?

Tim
    Participant

Any idea what could be happening with this second translation Cici?

Cici
    Keymaster

Im sorry, I havent had a chance to review, there has been a death in the family.  Could you use Loco translate and send the translated .po. mo file to support@wordpress.storelocator. com or use the contact us form.

if that is the case, Lance can update it with the next release.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.