Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Google Map not showing, only location icons

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Taiki
    Participant

Hi,

I recently upgraded the Store Locator Plus plugin from 4.3.11 to the current 4.4.27 and I started having issues with not being able to display the Google Map on the page anymore. The location icons and location details display so it is half working but just the map is not working. I tried reverting back to 4.3.11 but it seems like it changed something more permanent that it could not be changed back just from version reverting. I also tried installing Firebug on Firefox to try and debug myself but unfortunately, I was not adept enough to diagnose the issue… Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please refer to details below:
    Page where Store Locator Plus is being used: http://www.aiphonepty.com.au/sales/

OS: Linux http://www.aiphonepty.com.au 2.6.32-431.23.3.el6.i686 #1 SMP Thu Jul 31 14:37:53 UTC 2014 i686

PHP: Linux 5.3.3 C

PHP Dependencies: iconv=Yes, spl_autoload=Yes, openssl=Yes, sockets=Yes, allow_url_fopen=Yes, mcrypt=Yes, zlib_encode=Yes

WordPress: 4.1.10 en_AU UTF-8

WordPress Theme: RT-Theme 17

WordPress Plugins: Advanced Menu Widget, BackUpWordPress, bbPress, Captcha by BestWebSoft, Contact Form 7, Download Manager, Google Analytics by Yoast, NextGEN Gallery by Photocrati, Postman SMTP, Really Simple CAPTCHA, Revolution Slider, Shortcode Igniter, Store Locator Plus, Visual Shortcodes, White Label CMS, Wordfence Security, WP Super Cache

Thanks

Kind regards

Taiki

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Do you have the hide map box checked or hide until search. Is that the only plugin for SLp or are you using other add-ons such as Enhanced Search, ProPack etc.
    A screenshot of your Store Locator Plugin environment would assist us. You can find that under SLP INFO. That shows us WP versions PhP etc. Since you are using an Older version of WP that may be contriobuting to the issue, I am not familiar withthe theme you are using. I do not know what versions they are running:
    Here is some useful info for you. If you still cannot get it to work you may need to select an :email to developer” under Paid Support drop down menu.

JQuery versions in themes

See Troubleshooting section under documentation:

Map doesn’t display after Updating

Use the Debugger tool and if “TypeError: jQuery.Callbacks is not a function”
    Store Locator Plus moved into the next stage of development to use best practices in WP and improve performance:
    SLP 4.3 what and why changed
    Your site is most likely forcing jQuery to version 1.5 (or older) which is 3+ years old. WordPress Best Practices dictates you should NEVER specify a version of jQuery in a plugin or theme. Your sites pluginsshould use the built-in version supplied with WordPress. A patch in version 4.3.08 of SLP will check to see if jQuery.Callbacks are active. If not it will disable many of the extended features in various SLP 4.3 add-on packs that rely on the core jQuery Callbacks object.
    Note: jQuery Callbacks were added 3+ years ago and are considered a key feature for robust interactive web applications. Recommended course of action is to track down the offending technology and ask the author to use a newer version of jQuery or, preferably, simply allow WordPress Core to do the work for them via wp_enqueue_script( ‘jquery’ ).

Taiki
    Participant

Hi Cici,

Thanks for the quick response.
    I could not find the setting for hiding the map but I do not remember setting anything like that. I am not running any other add-ons for SLP either.

Please refer to attached SLP plug-in environment details.
    If there are no other suggestions based on the above, I will have to try upgrading the WordPress version itself on a test directory and see what happens…

Thanks

Taiki

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Do you have another Plugin That has a Maps display, such as Snazzy Maps, or a theme that has not been updated with latest jquery versions?
    You can turn off each plugin one at a time and check to see if SLP map appears, that may be the easisest to try first, otherwise:

Turn on the WP debugger and provide any error messages you see. Info on how to do that is here:
    Debugging

Cici
    Keymaster

It looks like you have another plugin that also has Maps encoded, you cannot have two plugins with Maps features.
    certain themese can do this For Instance many of the Themeforest themes and it looks like you still have somewhere RT-Theme 17 Author Tolga Can:
    See the specifics below:

this post was from 2012:
    Bad themes conflicts

NAUGHTY LIST

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Map not showing, only location icons’ is closed to new replies.