Facebook field not appearing when trying to add location

Home Forums Third Party Add-ons by Debaat Facebook field not appearing when trying to add location

This topic contains 11 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

John
    Participant

Store Locator Plus:4.7.9

Event Location Manager:4.5.02

Experience:4.7.6

Extended Data Manager:4.7.0

Power:4.7.8

+Contacts

Premier:4.7.6

Social Media Extender:4.5.02

Site URL:http://tattoo1source.com

This Info Cached:1493142968

Network Active:No

WordPress Version:4.7.4

PHP Version:5.4.43

MySQL Version:5.6.32

PHP Limit:256M

WordPress General Limit:40M

WordPress Admin Limit:256M

PHP Peak RAM:73 MB

PHP Post Max Size:64M

Hello ,

I have updated the plugin and when I try to add a location, the fields corresponding to the social extender do not appear correctly.

Also, the links of facebook and twitter previously added in the databse to other locations, now are broken and showing “facebook.com/0” , “twitter.com/0”.

Other links such as instagram are working.

Can you please help me?

Thank you,

Raluca

DeBAAT

Hai Raluca,

First thank you for buying our add-ons.
    And second, sorry to read you’re having problems using them.
    Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the issue on my test environment.
    I did notice some strange things. Like the date the Facebook and Twitter ID’s are last updated. And, like you, the check box is also not something I would expect.

Can you provide me with the screen shot of the Extended Data page (available via the “General” tab)? Especially the section where the sme_ settings are shown.

Gr.
    Jan

Cici
    Keymaster

P.S. DeBaat and John.

You may want to update to the Latest version of the Experience add-on as well (4.7.9)

I believe that due to changes in the release of SLP 4.7.9, you  need to update the Experience add-on to 4.7.9 as well

See under Lances news post in documentation.

: excerpt

Other Updates

There have been a few minor patches as well as updates to the base Store Locator Plus plugin and Experience add on that ensures all the major components communication with each other properly on how to build the data queries properly when various parameters like location_id is passed in via a URL.    Older legacy add ons will not have the necessary code updates and may conflict with the latest Power and Premier updates.   Mixing-and-matching the Experience, Premier, or Power add ons with the legacy add ons is not recommended and is no longer supported.”

John
    Participant

Store Locator Plus:4.7.9
    Event Location Manager:4.5.02
    Experience:4.7.9
    Extended Data Manager:4.7.0
    Power:4.7.9
    +Contacts
    Premier:4.7.9
    Social Media Extender:4.5.02

Site URL:http://tattoo1source.com
    This Info Cached:1493142968
    Network Active:No

WordPress Version:4.7.4
    PHP Version:5.4.43
    MySQL Version:5.6.32

PHP Limit:256M
    WordPress General Limit:40M
    WordPress Admin Limit:256M
    PHP Peak RAM:74 MB
    PHP Post Max Size:64M

John
    Participant

reupload

DeBAAT

Hai Raluca,

Thanks for this quick reply.
    It shows what I was already expecting.
    If you look at the list of Extended Data fields, there are two entries for both Facebook and Twitter:

• Facebook: featured
    • Facebook: sme_social_facebook
    • Twitter: rank
    • Twitter: sme_social_twitter

I’m not quite sure how this happened or how to fix this with code.
    Maybe Lance can help?

My first suggestion would be to remove the entries and enter them again. Hope this is not too much of a burden?
    Please note to remove the sme_social fields on the Social Media Extender tab page. The featured and rank fields can be removed on the Extended Data tab page.
    Then add the Facebook and Twitter fields again on the Social Media Extender tab page.
    I’m not quite sure again about the featured and rank settings. Lance?

Gr.
    Jan

John
    Participant

Hello,

Sorry for short answers, but here is a holiday. I have deleted and then readded the social twiiter and facebook, which now appear in the Extender tab.
    The problem now is that Slp doesn’t show anymore twitter nor facebook links in the frontend. Is it because of sme id changing? Before I delete sme facebook, it had the id 1 and now it’s 13.
    The “power tab interferes with the fields of social media extender”
    I would still have to delete all social media extender and read them.. but there is a risk of not beeing shown in the frontend again. Probably I should use the same id for them as they used to have.

DeBAAT

Hai John,
    No problem, over here it’s still weekend 😉
    Maybe I forgot ot mention but when you removed the SME tags, you also removed the settings defined per location. You need to add the Facebook and Twitter data again for all locations that have such a need.
    An SME icon is only shown for a location if it is defined for that location…
    Hope this helps.
    Gr.
    Jan

John
    Participant

Oh.. there are over 5000 locations… I cannot do that.
    there is something messy in your code there … please help me solve the problem without activating an old backup

Raluca.

Cici
    Keymaster

Ralucca,

What other plugins did you update? A simple update to the SLP plugin and add-ons would not delete those fields.   Do you regularly back up your site on a schedule so that you do not have to go too far back to reinstate?

Note: We strongly recommend looking into the WordPress backup, or better option  Jet Pack.   One of the features included , besides real-time incremental backups of your site with restore points, is the ability to restore the site to an alternate site.

Backup Your WordPress Site

John
    Participant

Thank you for the solution, I use updraft plus and i have an older backup . I am now trying to import the csv for locations, but i keep getting the error ” metadata not set” so I am trying to find a better way to export the tables from my database. I hope there won’t be an issue that slp for social media is on another table. Do you recommend me to have one single csv with meta data also for social media links? Now I have 2 tables each of them linked by slp id.

Thank you very much in advance.
    Raluca

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi  John, That question is above my skill set, so if you still need an answer, could you post the metadata and tables question on the Premier forum and I will see if Lance can answer you? I’m not sure when DeBaat might get back to the forum to answer you or if he would bump it tp Lance.

Sorry for all your trouble.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.