Extended Data not appearing in search results

Home Forums Third Party Add-ons by Debaat Extended Data not appearing in search results

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Cici 7 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Robin
    Participant

Hello,

We purchased the Extended Data plugin for $50 for the Store Locator Plus plugin. We are not able to get the new fields to appear in the search results. We are using the “Website URL” field that comes default with SLP as a place for the affiliate link and we are trying to use the Extended Data plugin to add another field titled “Website” to link to the companie’s website. Here’s what we did and are still unable to see the new field in the search results:

1. Login to WordPress
    2. Navigate to Store Locator Plus > General > Extended Data
    3. Add New Element with the following:
      1. Label = Website
      2. Slug = website
      3. Show/Hide = Show
      4. Show Order = 1
      5. Type = Text Line
      6. Display Type = Text Line
    4. Navigate to Store Locator Plus > Locations > Edit location
    5. Towards the bottom of the location we added a website to the new “Website” field under the Extended Data section

The website does not show up on the search results. We have also tried changing the shortcode to [slplus data.website] as someone suggested in another post in the forum. This did not work either. Any ideas?

Alex

Cici
    Keymaster

Debaat probably wont be able to help you with this without having your plugin environment.  Please read posting guidelines about information needed.  You have not mentioned where you are adding the extended data field. Do you have Experience add-on  or a Premier subscription  that would allow you to change the Search locator layout?  In the docs site “For ALL extended data fields you can output the data in ANY info bubble, results layout, etc.if you have an add-on pack that allows you to change the layouts “

Find more info here.’ in the documentation.

Extended Data Manager

Robin
    Participant

I apologize, I didn’t see the posting guidelines prior to posting. Attached is a screenshot of our plugin environment.

Locations Page URL: https://cultandking.com/near-you/

We are using this shortcode: [slplus data.website]

Robin
    Participant

Hello,

Please address this issue as soon as possible. We are eager for a solution.

Robin
    Participant

Hello,

Just following up again to make sure you are still working on this. Please let us know what we can do to resolve the issue asap.

Thanks

Robin
    Participant

Hello,

Still waiting on a response. Please get this issue resolved.

Robin
    Participant

Hello,

Please respond as soon as possible, it has been 5 days since we’ve heard from you.

Robin
    Participant

What can we do to receive assistance on this!?

Cici
    Keymaster

As I mentioned, you cannot change layouts without the add-ons.

Extended Data Manager is not intended to work as a stand alone product, this is explained in DeBatts Product sheet.

WORKS WITH Experience Add-on

If you are trying to change anything in the Search or results layout you must have the Experience add-on.

if you are attempting to add something to the SEO PAges fields , pages template, that is a Power ADD-ON

Your best value to do all that is to purchase the Premier subscription which includes all of those and EDM, send an email to support if you are interested,

P.S. Debatt s located in the Netherlands and this is not his main job so he does not answer questions within 5 days or even weeks sometimes.

The DOCUMENTATION for Extended Datamanager

DeBAAT

Hai Robin,

Sorry I didn’t respond earlier.
    As I read your question, you mentioned you’ve tried “[slplus data.website]” as someone suggested. However, this suggestion is only partly correct as it should be “[slp_location data.website]“.

Check blog post /results-layout-shortcodes-and-attributes/.

Hope this helps.

Best,
    Jan

Robin
    Participant

Thank you for the response, however, when I try the short code you provided it just displays that shortcode on the page instead of our location, see screenshot attached.

DeBAAT

Hai Robin,
    Sorry to read this isn’t working in your situation.
    Unfortunately, I can’t help you any further as it is working with me.
    Did you install and activate the SLP Experience addon?
    It might have been disabled when updating the plugins.
    Best,
    Jan

Robin
    Participant

No, we do not have the experience add on. So we need to purchase the $250 experience add on before the Extended Data manager add on we already paid $50 will work?

Cici
    Keymaster

Robin,

No you don’t need to buy Experience to use the features of Extended Data Manager, you may have been confused as to what the plugin does, most people buy it with either Experience, Power, or Premier.

What you are trying to do is MODIFY and have additional functionality that is NOT part of the Extended Data Manager functionality but IS included with other SLP add-ons.  i.e. you are trying to change the Locator Search Layout .   That is not part of DeBaats add-on as a stand alone products.

shortcode commands vs layout , refer to documentation

I believe I provided you the answer in good faith quite a while ago, om March 29th., , at that time you had no provided your plugin environment but I did mention you needed Experience add-on.  have Experience Add-on.  ,You may find the info in  What to Buy useful .

DeBaats add-on does what he designed it to do, work in conjunction with the SLP add-ons.

Product description:

DeBaat: Extended Data Manager

Add and manage additional data fields that extended the basic Store Locator Plus fields that ship with the product. Works best with Experience, Power and PREMIER. This product is also included with your Premier subscription.

Manage Extended Fields

Whether you add your own custom fields or an add-on pack provided new location data elements, you can manage those fields.    See which add-on pack adds the fields, show or hide fields on a per-field basis, and more.

Robin
    Participant

Okay, I misunderstood the product. May we have a refund for the extended data manager?

Cici
    Keymaster

Robin, Since your order was less than 30 days, you did qualify for a refund. A refund has been processed.

Thank you

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.