Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Premier Support Extended Data fields not showing in export

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

Hey there,

** I’ve already posted this in the Third Party Plugin forum but haven’t received a response in 4 days, so I figured I’d try here **

I’ve attached my plugin environment for your reference. My issue is more of a question/possible customization request if necessary. We have a client who’s site uses the SLP Plus plugin with many of its add-ons, Extended Data being one of them. We’ve added several new data fields using this plugin and are using the Gravity Forms integration plugin to allow users to add new locations on the frontend of the site.

That functionality works just fine, but when we pull the locations via export, the extended data fields that we added do not show up in the CSV file (as in there’s not even a section for these fields or their values). Is this a known lack of functionality? And if so, is there a plan to add this functionality in the near future? Or is this something that we could potentially add to the main functionality? Thanks in advance for your help and assistance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Apologize for the delay. I did add this for Debaat to look at, I have now added it to the developer to respond to.

It seems you have all the latest updates, SLP was released today with new version, ditto the Experience add-on. They both have updates.  I will ask about this functionality, I thought the export of extended data was working but haven’t checked it recently.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Rob, I have tested it and I have discussed with the developer,

Your Exnded data, are these special custom fields you have added and are they text, boolean etc

The way you export a boolean field vs. a serialized field vs. a text field is different

Currently it appears that EDM by DeBaat does not have the hooks and filters to allow for the exports.

So to answer your question, it might need to be customized. Depending on how fast you need it etc. If you could provide more info that would be great

Rob
    Participant

Hey there,

Thank you very much for your response. Our client is pretty desperate for this addition of functionality. It’s pretty simple in theory, just being able to export custom SLP fields using the Export feature in the plugin.

Is this something that might be fairly doable in the next week or so? If so, what sort of customization costs are we talking? I assume this is something that would then be able to just be baked into the plugin itself, so that’d ultimately help out the product as well.

I look forward to hearing from you. If we need to setup a call to discuss, I know we’d be happy to do so. We’re also located in Mt. Pleasant, SC, so we could always meet in person as well. Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Send the request to support@storelocatorplus.com  and I will make sure Lance sees it.   Lance and I had discussed it but he  speaks the tech lingo better than I.  It should be easy agreed,  extended data manager is  a DeBaat add-on so am still trying to reach out to him as well.

Cici
    Keymaster

Rob, Updates to EDM, SLP, PROPACK, EXPERIENCE etc should be available to you.

POWER add-on is in Pre release if you wish to explore and test on a dev site.

After updating your add-ons and EDm are you able to obtain the functionality you need?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Extended Data fields not showing in export’ is closed to new replies.