Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    grayloon
    Participant

Trying to add locations and getting some confusing notifications (see attached images). Notifications suggest that locations not getting added but offer no additional information. Confirmed locations are not added (see attached images).

Can you clarify what those messages mean or suggest some troubleshooting technics.

Web App stats:
    SLP: 4.9.18
    Power: 4.9.17
    WP Version: 4.9.7
    PHP Version: 7.0.31
    MySQL Version: 5.5.5

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

I am confused as well by your screen shots.

The restaurant you are showing is an example of a csv file only in our docs site the files can be downloaded from the public drive and is showing examples of  properly formatted CSV files

did you download the csv file example from our docs site and then upload that into your site?  Not sure why you would want to do that instead of adding your own locations , but ok, we really like Amalfis cheese steaks as well as their authentic Italian food  and do not mind having websites everywhere show them on their  sites map.!

Second, , the first notice tells you the lat/long as google has determined.

Second notification shows that  it could not be added, not sure why since I do not know what your site url is,  but possibly Google was busy, maybe your server glitched,  possible you used imports but left sl_id column header on., possible your Google API key didn’t match, ..there are tons of guesses but without knowing more about what you were doing and what url or if you were testing on a staging site I cannot be sure.

Do you have a Google API key? See how to

If you have a Google Browser API key : Do you have referrer restrictions on your API , if so you will also need a geocoding API key.

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/google-geocoding-browser-keys/

providing your site url would be helpful.

grayloon
    Participant

The geocoding api is active. Has no api restrictions.

Screen shots reflect manually input of data. Yes, I did download the csv, and yes, I am trying to get the point where we can uplaods csv, but that’s not what I’m trying to fix right now. It’s just dummy data being manually inputed on the “add” panel in the app.

So if I’m reading your response, by providing the site url, you should be able to provide me with log messages that will shed light on the issue, correct?

This site url is: https://meridianpetfood.com/

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi, On that site url , if you are referring to the “Where to buy page” you are getting this error in your console and currently the page just says “Contact us” . Is that the way you intend it to work? Not have any map or search for locations, or is it just set up that way because you have not finished the site installs?

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘replace’ of undefined
    at Object.getAjaxSubmitUrl (mc-validate.js:195)
    at mc-validate.js:351
    at mc-validate.js:373

But since there is no where on that site where I see SLP installed or active that url does not help me help you . You would not need the Geocoding API if you have the regular MAPS API with no restrictions.

Ajax does need to work for SLP to work . See AJAX blocked… Also  See troubleshooting 

It is also suggested that you  Update MySQL to 5.6 or higher

grayloon
    Participant

I’ve test the ajax connection via the instructions on this page: https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/blog/search-and-results-not-loading/
    Result in screen shot below.

I have included a screen shot of the plugin environment reference.

I have not set up a page yet. I’m stuck at the “Adding Locations” step in the How To (see screenshot). Can we narrow the scope of this discussion to that step?

Included are a series of screen shots labeled “ScreenX” where X is a number. This shows the series of steps I’m taking and the results I’m getting.

Screen 3 is where I’m confused. Screen shot shows what I’m confused about. What I want to know is how do I figure out what those notifications are about. That’s all I want to know.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

Go to the documents and look under the How to Video. If yiou are addibng locations and you go to the locations tab and see no locations added I cannot guess where the conflict is if you have followed the steps int he getting started guide.

https://docs.storelocatorplus.com/home/for-wordpress/

First step , go to Locations, go to the “add” , start typing and enter a correct address etc. Add the name, the street address the city the state and if you know it the zip. Then click save.
    Go back to locations and you should see that location that you just added . In the top right hand corner you should see a “screen options” click on that and make sure you are showing the fields you want to see.

I can not test your site to see what is going wrong for you unfortunately.

Cici
    Keymaster

I will update the screen shots under the adding Locations, they are out dated

Cici
    Keymaster

Screen shots and How to add a location has been updated. Going back to your original question, I do not know why you saw the Cant add Amalfis as a new location , perhaps the Googkle server was busy, the last message said it waS ADDED successfully, So you should see it if you click on Locations/list

grayloon
    Participant

It wasn’t added and I don’t think the google server is busy.

So outside of the above, you have no additional resources or suggestions?

Cici
    Keymaster

No, unless there is another plugin that is in conflict. To see if that is the case would require you to follow the trial and error, deactivating other plugins one by one. There was a known conflict with the Smushit plugin reported, people turned off smush it and the admin panel came back. But you are not saying that you cant see the add fields correct? You are saying you do not see the location in your list after adding the info correct/

To see if there is a conflict, on a staging site, just have SLP active with a default WP theme and add a location. You should see it on your back-end under location/list.

Are you trying the plugin on a test or staging site?

Cici
    Keymaster

Also I cant tell if your Google API key is correct, as you mentioned the site you provided me the url for does not have the plugin active

grayloon
    Participant

Issue resolve. For whatever reason the store locator table had not been created on install.

To my original issue, the notifications are confusing and I hope you’ll consider passing to the dev team so that they might provide more useful information in those notifications.

Thanks.

Cici
    Keymaster

I spoke to the developer, about the notifications, he said they are not always going to pop up in exact order, but the first notification in blue is designed that way to tell you where Google thinks the lat/long is, because we had a customer complaints that the lat/long was incorrect, that tells you that our SLP is talking to Google, it is totally Google algorithm and map service that sets the lat/long not us.

next you had two messages, saying couldn’t be added as a new location, and one saying it had been added. Well the last one saying it had been added was correct and the other two couldn’t add it again because it was already added, if it hadn’t been added google notice saying the lat long was at such and such a place would not have appeared……..and your install was not completed correctly, so we cannot “fix’ a notification on an incomplete action.

When you import csv file you wont even see those pop up notices. You will see under import, an import log if you have it checked off. It will provide notification of which columns and fields were imported for instance.

Thanks for letting us know the issue wasnt with our software.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.