Combination of Pro Pack Tag settings

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Combination of Pro Pack Tag settings

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lance Cleveland 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DeBAAT

After installing Pro Pack and Tagalong, I’m confused by the way the settings work for the Pro Pack Tags.

When I select the “Add “any” to the tags pulldown”, it is only shown on the dropdown list. How can I add it to the radio buttons?

The “Tags First Entry” is shown as an additional entry in the drop down. What is its function? Is it a replacement tag for the “Any”?

I could define a tag as being the default selected option. But: how can I define the “Any” tag to be the default? If I add the wording to the list of comma separated tag values, the meaning of “Any” seems to be gone.

Sorry to post this many questions on a single post, but I thought it to be ok as they are all related to the same issue…

DeBAAT

Again sorry for this many questions.

I just also found out that one of the issues is caused by a mis-configuration. The tags I defined in the Pro Pack tag list already contained the “()” in one of the names of the tags. This of course conflicted with the definition of using “()” to define the default tag…

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  DeBAAT.

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Tag First Entry allows you to change the text if you do not want the drop down to say “Any”. You can disable that feature. If the user selects “Any” (or whatever you change the text to read) it will not filter the results based on tag.

Do not use () in any tag names. It will break things. Pro Pack tags are not going to be developed/refined further. I am focusing efforts on Tagalong and a new add-on pack that allows for arbitrary fields.

Tags in Pro Pack are too generic and too difficult to work with as a simple string format. The coding behind managing Pro Pack tags is a nightmare. If it weren’t for so many people using that feature in legacy installs I’d abolish it completely.

SLP4 will have better category support in Tagalong and the new add on pack will extend location attributes even further.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.