Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Categories, Tags Input not shown in foreign languages

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

I bought the Plugins: Pages, Pro Pack and Tagalong. When I add a new Location I normally can enter Categories and Tags in the Add/Edit Location dialog at the end of the dialog. This works fine when my language is switched to default: english. But when I switch the language from English to German, the additional Dialogs at the end of Add/edit Location do not show up. The only chance I have to provide Categories and Tags is at Manage Locations with the Bulk Actions.

Using the Bulk Action to provide a Category works fine. But when I edit this Location again the Category gets lost (Maybe because there is no edit field in Edit Location Dialog).

I tested this using Theme Twenty Sixteen and only activated Store Locator plus and the three Add-on Plugins.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

New Updates: For Tagalong Pages 4.4.06 (video)and base SLP 4.4.30 should help you with this issue. P.S. I believe you are mentioned in the video, translated to german:
    Thank you!!
    See the video here: SLP 4.4.30 internationalization
    After up dating please let us know if there are any other bugs.

Frank
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I updated today and the problem is still the same. I still do not see any Tag nor Category input field in the Add/Edit Location dialog. My default language is Geman. But this is no translation problem. I would see the input fields in english, if it would be only a translation problem.

Thanks, Frank

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Frank
    Participant

Hi Cici,

I just saw the video concerning translation. I will translate the modules and let you know the results.

Frank

Frank
    Participant

I just translated all my plugins (Pro Pack, Tagalong and Pages) in German and updated the translation of the Store Locator base. The files I sent to your support-Email address directly.

In Add/Edit Locations dialog I now have the Categories Box from Tagalong. That works good. But still the Pages and ProPack Boxes (Tags) are not visible in German language.

But it seems that the Translation of Pro Pack did not work properly, because I still have untranslated Texts belonging to the Pro Pack. Please have a look at the translation files and my email.

Thanks, Frank

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

Lance hasn’t had a chance to incorporate it  as yet.  I will remind him to check it out.

Cici
    Keymaster

Did you send those files to the link Lance provided in the email
    Translate WP SLP

Frank
    Participant

Hi Cici,

no I did not because I still did not see everything translated. This was on Friday last week. And today, I found everything in perfect translation and My problem is solved.

Did you upload it and does Store Locator use this upload instead of the local translations under the plugin/languages directories?

Problem solved. Thank you.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

He fixed the one particular issue about not seeing tags in the SLP update (base Plugin)

Cici
    Keymaster

Lance has found some quirks and strings in the base plugin that could effect  ProPack …I am not sure if this would effect you

He tried running   a test site in Spanish (no translation file for Pro Pack) and the tags section is showing up properly.

It isn’t out in pre release as yet but when it does come out ,  if you want to help us test it, that would be awesome.   I am not sure if it will be v 4.4.38 or if he is ready to launch 4.5 to stay in sync with the WP updates

eventually he is hoping to only use the WP translation files instead of the local translations in the SLP .po .mo directories

pre release 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Categories, Tags Input not shown in foreign languages’ is closed to new replies.