Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Can't Get Capabilities to Work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rodney
    Participant

Hello,

I’m attempting to create user accounts so the end user can manage the Store Locator database but cannot make changes to any other WordPress assets.

I installed the plugin User Role Editor in WordPress . I created a new role called Store Locator Update based on the Subscriber role in WordPress. The new role has read core WordPress capabilities (just as the Subscriber role has).

I added the three custom capabilities as outlined in the support page: https://wp.storelocatorplus.com/support/advanced-topics/roles-and-capabilities/ to my new user role <span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>called</span><span style=”line-height: 1.5;”> </span><strong style=”line-height: 1.5;”>Store Locator Update<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>.</span>

After assigning the new capabilities to the Store Locator Update role, I then assigned the role to a new test account.

When I sign in using the test account, I cannot see/access the Store Locator.

We have Store Locator Plus version 4.5.05.

I hope someone can tell me what I am doing wrong. I must have something set up incorrectly.

Thanks!

Cici
    Keymaster

Could you provide versions of Plugins and any other SLP add-ons if you have any , as well as your theme that you have and/or site url  and which WP version?
    A screenshot is best for these purposes. SLP 4.5.05 works with WP 4.5.xx

Do you have Network Active Multisite WP configuration by any chance?

And you do or do not have the User Managed Locations add-on for SLP?

Once we have this info we will be in a better position to assist you

thx

Rodney
    Participant

Hello Cici.

I attached a screenshot of the plugins we have installed. We have no other SLP add-ons installed. We are using a theme called Twenty Eleven. Our version of WP is 4.5.2. Our site url is ltdfragrance.com.

We do not have a Network Active Multisite WP configuration.

We do not have the User Managed Locations add-on for SLP isntalled.

Thank you for your assistance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Cici
    Keymaster

you  have GOOGLE Maps  store locator active not   Store Locator Plus?  You  Can’t use both, they will fight each other and there will be a conflict.  you need to decide which one to use. SLPLUS shortcode wont work on Viadats store locator

Rodney
    Participant

Thank you. I inherited this site and I’m learning about WP. I didn’t even notice that. I appreciate your help. I activated Store Locator Plus and now everything is working just as described. Thanks again for your second set of eyes and your guidance.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi Rodney,

Thanks for letting me  know its working now. If there is anything else you have questions about let me know. I just started using WP sites myself not too long ago. If you like Store Locator Plus please leave us a ★★★★★ rating on WordPress.org.  If you do not feel we deserve a five star rating , please contact us at support.

🙂

CiCi

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.