Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Max
    Participant

[08-Mar-2017 15:12:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function recalculate_initial_distance() on null in SLP_Activation.php on line 197

This error is a 500 error, and will not allow me to access any part of my website without first deleting or renaming the plugin.

PHP Version: 5.6
    MySQL Version: 5.6
    Wordpress Version: 4.7.3

I have tried downloading the latest version of the Store Locator Plugin [Free] from WP’s repo and from this website without luck.

Any suggestions?

Max
    Participant

I have tried disabling all plugins and themes, and still get the error.

I have been able to install the plugin on a different WP install without issues, so I’ve isolated the issue to this particular install, but I don’t know how.

Cici
    Keymaster

Is your other install on a different host or perhaps on PHP version higher then 5.6?

The WP guidelines recommends PHP 7.o

https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

the author of SLP has been notified in case this is a PHP compatibility issue, something similar happened another time WordPress released versions and SLP folllowed suit with updates. At that time people using PHP 5.2 or 5.4 were getting a white screen.

Cici
    Keymaster

Or did you jump versions of SLP from 4.5 to 4.7??

Kent Iler
    Participant

I’m getting the same error on a production site.  Wasn’t upgrading – can’t even reach the site home page – everything is giving the fatal error!!!!

<b style=”color: #000000; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; font-size: medium;”>Fatal error</b><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; font-size: medium;”>: Call to a member function recalculate_initial_distance() on null in </span><b style=”color: #000000; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; font-size: medium;”>/home/…/public_html/wp-content/plugins/store-locator-le_old/include/SLP_Activation.php</b><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; font-size: medium;”> on line </span><b style=”color: #000000; font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; font-size: medium;”>197</b>

Lance Cleveland
    Keymaster

Are you installing SLP 4.7.7 or an older version?    There was a bug fixed with 4.7.7 that appeared on some sites that have case sensitive configurations on PHP object/class names.

You should NOT be having that issue with SLP 4.7.7

You may also have an issue if you have a very old (> 15 months) versions of an add on and jump more than two minor versions of SLP (4.5 to 4.7+ for example).     Newer versions of add ons and the base plugin self-check version compatibility and disable add ons that may cause an issue to prevent fatal errors, something older add ons could not do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.