Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Juergen
    Participant

Dear support

One more little issue (maybe due to misconfiguration).
    We ve just shops from Austria in our list. So I tried to limit all found places to places in AT by adding “Austria” to the “Append This To Searches”-field.
    Unfortunately it didnt solve my problem. If I search for zip codes i.e. “1010” or “1020” I get places in Thailand. If I search for “1010, Austria” or “1020, Austria” I get the correct results. It looks like the Append This To Searches param is not added or similar?
    Please advise.

Some more settings:
    <span style=”color: #444444; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Open Sans’, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>+ Search Address Nearest is set to “Current map”.
    </span><span style=”color: #444444; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Open Sans’, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>+ Initial Search Radius is set to 600.
    </span><span style=”color: #444444; font-family: Helvetica, ‘Open Sans’, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>+ Center Map At: Austria.</span>

Thank you,
    Kr, Jay

Cici
    Keymaster

Funny you should mention this because I have  just been testing the Append issue as a follow up to another customer and reported it to Lance. I checked the debugger and he checked his dev site. Somehow that functionality was dropped with EXP add-on.   He just replied to me a few seconds ago that he is fixing in next EXP release. The EXP pre-release beta version is now 4.8.2 so I’m sure he will be asking me to help test 4.8.3 beta version.  If you have a dev or staging site and wish to help us test, please send support an email and we will get you hooked up and you may be eligible for a discount on products.

Cici
    Keymaster

Try this in the meantime, I had same issue with Australia….if you only have locations in the one country, here are two methods I used in the interim as workaround:

Set the Google Map domain to Austria , in my test trial for Australia I needed to set the Google MAP domain to Australia since the append feature wasn’t working.  Of course Google is fickle, they have changed their map search for third parties algorithms so many times it seems impossible to keep up with the work arounds.   Thank you again fro your attention to these types of issues.  BTW the developer is asking questions of developers concerning potential other Platforms in an effort to keep his other project MYSLP SaaS relevant to meet a wider audience. If you see an email about this from support they would really appreciate a few seconds of your time.

Juergen
    Participant

The domain was already set to Austria, so that didnt help. 🙂
    Is there another method, you mentioned two, but listed just one of them?

I am happy to help since whats good for your customers is good for my customers.
    We have test sites where I could test beta versions.

Cici
    Keymaster

I just sent you the SLP and EXP pre release beta versions via the help scout email

I also sent you some info about the Premier community  and you could have direct access to our  SLP SLACK channel where the developer attaches every new beta release he is working on in the #talk-about-slp channel . Look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks

Cici
    Keymaster

Hey J,

I just got a mail daemon that the email did not get through. Perhaps because it had attachments too large?  I can try sending one at a time.

Cici
    Keymaster

Second attempt , I sent to test@ email instead of the one you sent to support with your name.

Cici
    Keymaster

Well that didnt work either. Let me try to add them in your account if you do not see them in downloads

Cici
    Keymaster

Cannot add to your account either. Your end may be blocking the attachments from support. Sorry, you will have to look in your spam folder or add us to white list

Juergen
    Participant

Sorry for the inconvenience. O365 is our mail provider, maybe the block large attachments right at the beginning. Will send you some options for workaround via mail.

Cici
    Keymaster

Ok, Hey we’ve been doing a lot of testing and apparently Google API changed their algortihms again. They do this trying to get sites to use their expensive google ads and business platforms. So the append feature always used to work for me and suddenly stopped working. Lance has written a new short code to be put on the actual search/map WP page. I just finished testing it on both my Costa Rica and Australia pages. As long as people enter a real postal code for the actual area they are searching it works. This has been added to the EXP pre release 4.8.2. beta 3. The shortcode will be   [slplus append_to_search=”<blah>”]  . I believe he will add this to Experience add-on. Normally he only adds new features to Premier but this is yet another work around Google monopolizing and throwing false search results for third party APIS.

Not sure how to get the Pre release to you under the circumstances of being blocked with your mail server. They are zip files so I didn’t think they’d be too big. I cant add them to your account either. Have you given the premier subscription offer anymore thought?

Cici
    Keymaster

Just sent you a zip file for pre release  via we transfer hope that worked. Dont forget, not to use on live site. oh wait you might need the SLP pre release too, let me know if you got that file first

Cici
    Keymaster

You can download the SLP core plugin pre release under Products for free.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Append This To Searches’ is closed to new replies.