Store Locator Plus® for WordPress Forums Store Locator Plus Adding additional location with the same name deletes the original location.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    twakabayashi
    Participant

Hello.

We are experiencing a problem when adding an additional location with the same name as an existing location, causes the existing location to be deleted.

We require multiple entries for the same store location.

This problem occurs when adding individual locations, one at a time.

We are using:
    – WordPress version 4.9.4
    – Store Locator Plus Plugin version 4.9
    – Store Locator Plus Power version 4.9
    Do you require any further details?

Thank you in advance for your input and assistance.

Cici
    Keymaster

The versions you are using have been updated , they are on 4.9.7

Are you using exact same name and exact same address  with exact same geocoding lat and long while adding them manually? Something needs to be different for you to add them as separate locations , and not replace the original.  A second address line perhaps, or leaving off the address line , or a number or something different. We have many sites with the same exact name but different locations added, (such as a site that has over 1000 locations with the name of Walmart showing where their products are carried).

If you are trying to add a location but want different contacts under same location, use the enable contacts.

With Import you can  check off  add duplicates instead of update or skip.

If you could provide the purpose or what results you are trying to get from adding exact same location I can assist you better.

In my screenshot I added exact same name location, I left off the address line so Google would come up with a new lat/long and now I have two Acadias. As noted if you need them to show up in exact same location you will need to differentiate them somehow

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    twakabayashi
    Participant

Hi Cici.

Thank you for your response.

Are you using exact same name and exact same address with exact same geocoding lat and long while adding them manually?
    – YES

Something needs to be different for you to add them as separate locations, and not replace the original.
    – Yes, this works.

Thank you for your assistance.

Cici
    Keymaster

Glad i could be of help.

Cici
    Keymaster

Hi T-

The add duplicate location with exact same information can now be accomplished if you update SLP to to 4.9.8 you can now manually add same name, location, or import with the duplicate ADD function.

Just a bit of additional info if you ever need to do this via import:
    Note that if you import as duplicate Add, the second location will be given a unique sl_id and therefore if you need to make changes and re-import using the sl_id column (only if store already exists) you will need to make sure you have the correct sl_id in the column for whichever duplicate you need to update.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.