Reply To: Change Radius Search not working when switch to 500 miles

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Change Radius Search not working when switch to 500 miles Reply To: Change Radius Search not working when switch to 500 miles

Lance Cleveland
Keymaster

I’m not quite sure if it is the same problem or not, but here is what I was doing with NO ADDRESS entered (I have my map set to center on my home town with Enhanced Map and immediately show locations enabled).

In my test case I started with a default search of 25 miles. Locations showed up properly. The map was re-centered correctly to show my home location and the locations within 25 miles. Being on the coast it often shifts my home address to the far right of the map and the locations somewhere to the left.

I set it to 500 miles, it rendered the added locations properly. The map was re-centered again, this time zooming out further and showing locations much further inland.

Now I go back and look for locations within 25 miles, still no address entered. NOTHING appears.

Why? The center of my search is now centered the middle of a bunch of corn fields not far from EBF South Carolina. There is NOTHING near there besides cows. Thus, none of my entered locations come up until I widen my search radius.

In a similar way you may be inadvertently changing the center of your search and some locations are falling just outside the radius.

The easy fix? Enter an address in the address input box. It will use the input address as the map center instead of using the current center of the map.

I’m not sure it is the same thing you are seeing happen, but my guess is the 500 radius has less to do with it than where the map thinks the center of your search is. I use Firebug + Firefox to “look under the covers” any time I have issues like this. There are videos on the doc pages on how to do that. The Net/XHR tab and the JSON sub-tab will give you a lot of insight if you care to go into “geek mode” and see what is going on.