Reply To: Updated SLP plugin in WordPress and WhiteScreen Admin Area

Home Forums Store Locator Plus Updated SLP plugin in WordPress and WhiteScreen Admin Area Reply To: Updated SLP plugin in WordPress and WhiteScreen Admin Area

Lance Cleveland
Keymaster

If anyone getting a white screen can turn on WP Debugging as per Troubleshooting, get the white screen, then turn off debugging and/or restore 4.2.67 it will help locate the issue.

/documentation/store-locator-plus/troubleshooting/#debugging

WordPress Debugging

Often there are hidden warnings or errors.  Sometimes they are generated by the plugin.   Many times they are generated by OTHER plugins or your custom WordPress theme.   The first stage of debugging is to turn on the built-in WordPress debugging messages and debug log.

Find your wp-config.php file and make the following changes.

Find the line:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Edit that line and add another to the wp-config file to turn on logging:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);

Read this Debugging WordPress article for more info.”

I’m guessing there is a PHP or WP environment conflict but I cannot guess which specific settings , PHP libraries, or other element is causing the issue.     With WP Debugging it should log an error message that I can track down and resolve much more quickly.

The steps:

– Edit wp-config.php and turn on the debug logging.

– Install & activate SLP 4.3 and go to the page that creates the white screen.

– Deactivate SLP 4.3 (or delete the ./wp-content/plugins/store-locator-le directory via cPanel, FTP, or other web service file manager)

– Send me the URL to your site and/or the contents of your debug.log file.

The sooner I can “catch this in the wild” the faster I can fix it!